Mazda5 Transmission issues

Just purchased a 2009 Mazda5. It had the engine light for P0713- Transmission Fluid Temp sensor, P0768 Shift Solenoid D, P0763 Solenoid C, P0773 Solenoid E, P0745 Pressure Control Solenoid A, P0753 Shift Solenoid A, P0758 Solenoid B, and U2064 - Network. TCM was marked as refurbished Feb 2023.

Clunked going into reverse, and didn't get above about 40-45ish MPH.

Parked the car and ordered a newer (used)Mazda "E" TCM after some research.
Installed it and a different list of codes appeared, this time just Solenoids A thru E and well as the Pressure Control Solenoid A.
Still clunked into reverse. I was reading that the transmission range sensor could cause the TCM to do weird things, is it worth changing?

I'm leaning towards it being electrical as when the car is driven, stuck in 3rd gear.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance, I created a new thread as I didn't see anyone else exhibiting the exact same issues I was having.

Last edited:
The P0713 code, could a bad transmission temperature sensor cause all of these issues?

The previous owner seems to think that the entire transmission has failed but the transmission place's notes don't give me a lot of confidence in their diagnosis:
1682696837958.png

Back