How to remove left rear cup holder?

:
cx5
I broke one rear shock bolt when I replace the shock mount. Searched online and found I can get access to this bolt from inside if I remove the left rear cup hold. Can anyone please tell me how to remove it? Are there any screw on it? Or just pull it out? Thanks.

Solution
Don't bother from the inside route. You should be able to get the rear shocks off from the outside without having to deal with interior. I had both of my rear shock mounts fail on my 2013 two winters ago within two months of each other.

To get the that area from the inside, you have to take out the third row seats, and then its just the plastic panels that are snapped or screwed. If it is just the cup holders, just use something that can carefully pry it out. The cup holders just snap fit in place.
Don't bother from the inside route. You should be able to get the rear shocks off from the outside without having to deal with interior. I had both of my rear shock mounts fail on my 2013 two winters ago within two months of each other.

To get the that area from the inside, you have to take out the third row seats, and then its just the plastic panels that are snapped or screwed. If it is just the cup holders, just use something that can carefully pry it out. The cup holders just snap fit in place.

Upvote 0
Solution

Great, thank you so much, turbonium959!

Upvote 0
Back