How To: Racing Beat rear Sway bar on P5/ES

i have a 03 DX, so if i have the rb bar, awr bushings, msp horshoes and mp3 endlinks im set rite?

InFeXIoN said:
i have a 03 DX, so if i have the rb bar, awr bushings, msp horshoes and mp3 endlinks im set rite?

yep, that'll work.
I have the same set-up... I'm just waiting on a set of P5 horseshoes from my friend. The awr bushings are just lying around.

Make sure that you get the 20mm AWR bushings.

Prodigy said:
yep, that'll work.
I have the same set-up... I'm just waiting on a set of P5 horseshoes from my friend. The awr bushings are just lying around.

Make sure that you get the 20mm AWR bushings.

thanks man thats what i needed to hear. When i called awr the guy i talked to said to get the 19mm's and just open them up and that will work so that is what he sent me.

Yea all i used were msp brackets, mp3 bushings, and mp3 endlinks and everything was fine, the awr's didnt fit. and rolled my fenders while i was there.

****... the welded bolt inside the black rear frame came unwelded and now i have a loose sway bar mount bolt... can anyone give me any advice? should i just go to mazda and have them cut it off and give me a new bolt so i can install my freakin sway bar?

awsmp5 said:
****... the welded bolt inside the black rear frame came unwelded and now i have a loose sway bar mount bolt... can anyone give me any advice? should i just go to mazda and have them cut it off and give me a new bolt so i can install my freakin sway bar?
If you can remove the sway bar and get the bolt rewelded . The other option if you cant get the nut off the bolt is to cut it off and weld in a new bolt . If you have to you can drill a hole on the angle part of the sub frame with a 1" hole saw , then you ccan get at the bolt head to undo the bolt to remove the bar . then you should have an easier time weld in the bolt , then weld the disc that you cut out back in .

Last edited:
thanks for ur concern... i don't know i got so pissed off. i was so happy i got that sway bar and now im just perplexed as to what the hell i should do

sub frame didn't come off

the sway bar mounting point on it broke and is dangling inside
damn it i'm broke...
ok i'll stop whining and get it fixed

Racing beat sway bar install

Well what should have been an easy install took a while because half of the bolts didn't want to come off the endlinks. Yes I know about the allen key but that didn't make a difference. Finally after getting one half off it decided to lock up on me so I had to grab the old hack saw to cut it out. Installed my new MSP endlinks and bought some new bolts and threw it all together. If everything goes well it definetly won't take you long and what a difference it makes in cornering. I haven't even lowered my car yet and I can totally tell a difference.

how can you use the socket wrench and allen wrench at the same time? What is the advantage of using the awr over the stockers?

use the socket wrench with an adapter so it takes the necessary allen key, and use a regular wrench to hold down the nut while you turn the bolt with the allen key/socket wrench combo.

stupid question why do u need the brackets to offset the swaybar as i just put min on strait to the car with out the bracket.

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but does anyone know if the msp horseshoe brackets will mount directly on the p5 subframe?

Latest posts

Back