how to make quiet power?

I have 3" from turbo to 2.5" axleback with a boost activated cutout just before the front crossmember at 10psi (old hiboost ihi wga) quiet and still PEPPY under 10psi then insane at 25 when convenient :)

ATP sells actuators for their boost cutouts that are always on backorder that can be tuned down to like 2psi (maybe a bit low) so on stock boost with stock catback and whatever in front 2.5" with a cutout... Just a thought and I love my setup with it!

I have 3" from turbo to 2.5" axleback with a boost activated cutout just before the front crossmember at 10psi (old hiboost ihi wga) quiet and still PEPPY under 10psi then insane at 25 when convenient :)

ATP sells actuators for their boost cutouts that are always on backorder that can be tuned down to like 2psi (maybe a bit low) so on stock boost with stock catback and whatever in front 2.5" with a cutout... Just a thought and I love my setup with it!

Shane - Thats a smart setup you got there. Never knew people had actuators tied to boost but that makes sense. I'll be staying at stock 8psi boost so that setup doesn't quite work for me. What are your thoughts on going with a 3" turbo back to the axle, then sticking with the stock Racing Beat muffler and tail pipe? Or would that be pointless if that 3" opening does not carry all the way through the exhaust?

I made 213whp 215tq 9psi 107deg in the dyno and my car still has the stock exhaust. My tune was also way off so I hope to see over 220 when I go back. I have a CAI and an FMIC but I don't consider my car loud. You can hear the turbo spool up much better but it is not annoying. Have a look at my build thread and let me know if you have any questions. I may have to post I couple of videos so you can hear my car. The only mildly annoying noise is high idle because of my motor mounts cruising around the car sounds just like stock.

Build thread

Last edited:
I make sure to idle whenever a cop comes into my vicinity. I have never been pulled over for it yet. But...as someone who attends racetracks 10 times a year, I will say...it is LOUD.

I will never take it off, the stupid grin that plasters my face when I'm gunning it alone on a twisty roads makes it all worth it.

I made 213whp 215tq 9psi 107deg in the dyno and my car still has the stock exhaust. My tune was also way off so I hope to see over 220 when I go back. I have a CAI and an FMIC but I don't consider my car loud. You can hear the turbo spool up much better but it is not annoying. Have a look at my build thread and let me know if you have any questions. I may have to post I couple of videos so you can hear my car. The only mildly annoying noise is high idle because of my motor mounts cruising around the car sounds just like stock.

Build thread

Thanks for the link. Lots of good info there for me. I posted a question on your build page.

I make sure to idle whenever a cop comes into my vicinity. I have never been pulled over for it yet. But...as someone who attends racetracks 10 times a year, I will say...it is LOUD.

I will never take it off, the stupid grin that plasters my face when I'm gunning it alone on a twisty roads makes it all worth it.

I always do that too, but it's hard to do that when you come across a cop at a stop light and you're at dead stop

I always do that too, but it's hard to do that when you come across a cop at a stop light and you're at dead stop

Don't hit the gas when taking off, once the clutch is released all the way SLOWLY apply preassure to the gas pedal. I had to do this with my straight piped Honda, and we all know how loud they are and how much cops love them.

fyi i have run a 3" turboback exhaust on both the stock turbo and large turbo with stock the muffler and no cats/resonators and the car is not loud at all. You can barely hear it.

Latest posts

Back