HOW TO: M6 Wagon Wiper on P5 ???

cable43

Contributor
:
::P5::
HOW TO: M6 Wagon Wiper on P5 !!!! Smoove

Well after many... many.... many demands on how to do this here we go:
(as a side note, I haven't done this write up out of sheer laziness, not because i didn't want to share)
DSC00023.jpg

Items needed:
1) mazda 6 wagon wiper arm & wiper blade

tools needed:
1) 10mm socket
1) Dremel (or similar) grinding tool

There's only two real things that you have to do:

1. Grind away a portion of the M6 Wagon wiper to compensate for the angle when the spring is engaged. I don't have the exact "measurements" but hopefully you can get a sense from the pics below
019s.jpg

009i.jpg

016p.jpg

010j.jpg

2. Drill or cut out the black plastic cover from the stock wiper mount just enough to get rid of the "ridge". It should almost be flat, like in the pic below.

011k.jpg

Put it back using the same stock 10mm nut.
013m.jpg

006f.jpg

That's pretty much it. There's a good amount of tension in the spring and the "teeth" line up enough to make it work. I've had it for about a year with no problems at all.

004d.jpg

002b.jpg

Peace n' s***

Cable

Last edited:
Wait...wait...wait...it was that easy? Wow! Great mod and may I add that you sir are a pioneer for the world of rear P5 rear windows. Thank you for coming through. We love to look at a clean arse ends.

Dave.

Last edited:
besides being cleaner, does this work better than the stock P5 wiper? Cuz uh...the stock one sucks lol

omfg how did I miss this?? I'm definitely going to do this soon. I tried with the mazda3 wiper arm but it's not the same size (12mm instead of 10) so it couldn't bolt on.

Kansei said:
omfg how did I miss this?? I'm definitely going to do this soon. I tried with the mazda3 wiper arm but it's not the same size (12mm instead of 10) so it couldn't bolt on.

I actually meant to pm you but totally forgot. I knew you would be interested.

yeah I'm going to roll it into a pretty big order I'll be placing with onlinemazdaparts.com soon. I need a new gauge cluster and cluster surround, hood latch, an engine mount damper, some plastic clips/screws, and maybe a new headliner if I can get the bit of paint overspray that got on mine.

:D thanks again for the how-to Cable43. I hadn't seen the rear of your P5 before, it looks super clean! Gotta love that laser blue too.

Phoenix5 said:
Looks clean!I may have to get this!How much would it be at a dealership?

I PMd onlinemazdaparts.com and received a speedy reply. They are much cheaper than the dealership. Try that route.

dave45090 said:
I PMd onlinemazdaparts.com and received a speedy reply. They are much cheaper than the dealership. Try that route.

alright,cool!Will do that!Thanx!

Back