How To Acquire Non-US Spec Head Restraints for a US-spec CX-5

Last call... I'm placing the order tonight (or tomorrow am). PM me if you are interested. ;)
Do you mind to tell us what is the part number for 2016 CX-5 non-US spec rear black leather headrests with black stitches?

Saw that the new CX-3 uses shorty headrests in the back. Anyone have access to see if they'd fit in the CX-5?

Saw that the new CX-3 uses shorty headrests in the back. Anyone have access to see if they'd fit in the CX-5?

As a soon to be CX-5 owner, I am wondering if there are other alternatives to procure these non-US restraints? Are the UK ones different from the US?

TIA.

Did you see a real CX-3 in the US or just a picture? Once the CX-3 shows up at the Mazda dealers, we should be able to find out by swapping the headrest around. But I doubt they'll interchangeable as the shape is different. Mazda may even change the rear headrests on CX-3 to our CX-5 style for unknown reason.

As a soon to be CX-5 owner, I am wondering if there are other alternatives to procure these non-US restraints? Are the UK ones different from the US?
TIA.
Mazda uses tall-and-big and blocking-the-rear-view rear seat headrests on CX-5 only in North America market. You'll find these low-profile headrests in every other market including UK.

As these low-profile headrests are not high-quantity selling part and Mazda dealers in every country, including Japan, will not stock it. It adds the difficulty to walk in to a Mazda dealer in other country buying the headrestll

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Haven't yet purchase a CX-5, haven't even test drove one yet, but I can see why this modification is a popular one. Just curious though, can the rear headrest be folded down/forward? (see photo below as an example)

If so, then I think I'd be okay with just doing that when we have no rear passengers.

100_4575.JPG

Hey guys,

Haven't yet purchase a CX-5, haven't even test drove one yet, but I can see why this modification is a popular one. Just curious though, can the rear headrest be folded down/forward? (see photo below as an example)

If so, then I think I'd be okay with just doing that when we have no rear passengers.

100_4575.JPG
Big negative! No folding possible.
Do you mind to tell us what is the part number for 2016 CX-5 non-US spec rear black leather headrests with black stitches?

Hahaha, one time huh. If they bug me that much I'll just take them off until they're needed.

Seriously! ... no paddle shifters. ..okay I get that. No powered liftgate...come on now. ....no folding head rests, you serious??!!

what vehicle are they in ?

was considering the red stitched ones - either thru fendy or the australian link earlier on - but semi concerned about whiplash type liability if the orig oem ones that came with the vehicle are replaced - even if the replacement is also oem

i'm finding them less of a blind sider after 2 mths getting used to them, but they're still right there in peripheral vision

new cx5 owner /forum member and I am in for a set of parchment rear headrests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All orders are shipped (except for 1 but will this afternoon)! (mj)

I still have a couple set of each: '13-15 black (w/ red stitching) GT/leather, '13-15 black Touring/premium cloth, '16 parchment GT/leather, & a set of each: '16 black (w/ black stitching) GT/leather, '13-15 sand GT/leather, '13-15 sand Sport/cloth (very close to Touring except no stitching... discounted for this set). PM me if you are interested.

new cx5 owner /forum member and I am in for a set of parchment rear headrests.
PM sent.

I need a set of black cloth
Sorry... no more '16 black Touring/premium cloth.

Latest posts

Back