How many are running J&S safeguard?

DSMConvert

AWD...say Bye Bye
:
Titanium MS6
Just curious how many of you guys are running/plan on running the safeguard? I've had a few requests to build an option into our afc to yank some timing at higher rpms and I'm wondering if I should throw some money towards R&D of something....

Earful said:
Now...were talkin! although, I am not running one currently...
Yes now we are talking....(glare)

John,if you build this people will be all over it like stink on s***.

You know how I feel about it....

what exactly are you thinking? pulling timing how? based on rpm? based on knock?

I am assuming your talking about making a map to pull timing based on rpms or something right? thats not the same as the J&S

its a good idea for sure to control the timing but if its static depending on the cost it might be much better to use the microtech or something

I'm thinking RPM based timing retard...

J&S pull's timing per PSI. I was looking into that to, pull some timing. so I asked john if anyone is running the J&S/AFC Combo...I have read some threads that, people are talking about running the two in but,I haven't found anything solid yet.

My whole concern is that somewhere on here I've read that the stock MSP map advance's the timing 4-7 Degree's toward's redline not good! I haven't logged this with a scan tool to find out for sure yet...

yes but remember the best function of the J&S is to pull timing based on knock, which is why its such a good unit because it does it on the fly, so that way if your static map is off for some reason this will still work

I am still going to use my J&S with the AEM

Would there be any need to pull timing on a flashed MSP running 9 psi with the first AFC? I assume that this feature would be more for people that want to run higher boost, right? I only ask because I'm not sure what the "flashed" timing maps are safe to. I always run 93 octane, so I'm sure that I'm safer than some.

Spooled said:
Would there be any need to pull timing on a flashed MSP running 9 psi with the first AFC? I assume that this feature would be more for people that want to run higher boost, right? I only ask because I'm not sure what the "flashed" timing maps are safe to. I always run 93 octane, so I'm sure that I'm safer than some.
From what I have read,the flashed MSP ECU run's more advanced timing then a non-flashed ECU....Something about it being cheaper for mazda to fix the hesitition(sp) by adjusting the timing map instead of the fuel map.IIRC(ughdance)

Actually DSM, I'd like to have a function in the AFC that runs my engine at maximum output but 1% from the point of blowing it up. I don't care how ya do it!

Seriously, I'm looking into a J&S myself. Just missed one on the F/S section and would have grabbed it for sure. I'm going to need something to run the new engine and haven't figured out what all I'm going to use yet. I think it could be a good feature, but only if you make it somehow better/cheaper/easier than the J&S. Otherwise, it probably wouldn't be worth your R&D.

mspeed#267 said:
From what I have read,the flashed MSP ECU run's more advanced timing then a non-flashed ECU....Something about it being cheaper for mazda to fix the hesitition(sp) by adjusting the timing map instead of the fuel map.IIRC(ughdance)

Yeah, that's why I was asking. I have no idea what the safe range of AFR is at 9 psi for a flashed MSP.

Old thread but....

I just got my J&S in yesterday, and will be running it alongside the AFC V 1.

It won't get installed for two more weeks but I'll keep everyone posted. My mechanic is excited about this thing.

Yup, @ NSN.

I had Steve riding their asses at J&S. It took a while to get my unit, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

Knox Joe said:
Yup, @ NSN.

I had Steve riding their asses at J&S. It took a while to get my unit, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

How long did you have to wait? I was told before that it takes about 2-3 weeks + shipping time

John at J&S said:
That's why it took a while to get it.(dance)
I saw ya'll were from GG, and was like, "oh s***, this is gonna take forever."

Buncha damn slackers out there.

Latest posts

Back