How is this my fault???

Back in 2006 someone rammed the passenger side of my wife's parked car while she was at work. Both the door skins needed to be replaced and repainted which Allstate Insurance took care of. So here we are in 2010 and I decide to drop Allstate in favor of Progressive (who came up $300 less by the way) and they are telling me this incident has my wife as the "at fault" driver. WTF, how can you be at fault when your car is parked and you're inside an office working??? The copy of the police report doesn't say anything about who's at fault.

Do you/they know who hit it? If they don't know who hit it then it will be the owner's responsibility to fix. They are holding you liable bc they can't pursue reimbursement. It would be the same if someone broke into it. Not your fault, but you have to pay the price

Isn't Florida a no-fault state? As in, you pay for your damage, the other party pays for theirs.

a few years back when i was 17, I was T-boned by a garbage truck that decided it didnt have to stop at a red light
fault - his/mine

police - 100/0
sanitation investigator - 100/0
insurance 15/85 (failure to stop)

insurance called and told me this. in a very short, abrupt and downright nasty way i asked the following questions:

did you talk to the police? - no
did you talk to the investigator - no
did you talk to the witnesses - no
so who did you talk to? - the other driver
i suggest you get your ******* story straight, because last i checked a red light means stop and he failed to stop not me. response - we will call u back

yes it was recorded, yes i got a survey call about a week later, yes i changed insurance providers

point is they will try and place any blame on you hoping you just roll over. you are their client, make sure they know their ******* place

/rant

Back