How Far Can You Drive With Your Fuel Gauge on Empty

78.5 miles for me - 2.8 gallons left in CX5 FWD. Drove a rental 3 and it had 50 miles range and drank 9.4 gallons. This is poor tank range overall. Would love an extra gallons worth or 2.

Not as far as you can on full. It seems a strange subject unless you live in the outback where fuel isn*t available on every street corner. You could have a vast fuel tank but it would still need fuel at some stage. It*s just more weight to lug around.

How far is variable. It's just over 2 gallons of reserve. If you're in stop and go traffic you won't get as far as on the highway. It could be 0 miles if you're just idling.

Not as far as you can on full. It seems a strange subject unless you live in the outback where fuel isn*t available on every street corner. You could have a vast fuel tank but it would still need fuel at some stage. It*s just more weight to lug around.

Says the guy with a fuel efficient diesel. My range to the light coming on is about 300 miles. 400 miles would be much nicer.

I filled the tank in my 17 CX-5 AWD a couple miles after the fuel gauge/Miles to Empty read zero. It was full after putting in just over 13 gallons, so there should still have been 2 gallons available.

While towing, getting about 19mpg, my calculated range is usually under 250 miles after filling up, so I wouldn't mind another few gallon capacity, but realistically, after 250 miles, I'm probably read for a break anyway.

It varies based on your average MPG just as the fuel gauge is scaled off the average MPG. The gallon amount seems to be about 2. When I fill up with between 0 and 50 I easily put 13.5+ gallon m. I have awd.

Latest posts

Back