How do you remove the side moulding?

cghms3

:
2009 mazda mazdaspeed 3 metro grey
Hi - I have a '09 Cosmopolitan Grey Speed 3, and I've seen pics of other speed 3s without the side moulding, and they look great! What is involved in the removal of the moulding? Is it as simple as pulling it off and polishing/waxing the doors? Or do I have to have it done by a body $hop and have it filled (please, no bondo!!) and have the whole side of the car repainted to match, or worse, have the whole car repainted! I would love to have the whole car repainted with 4 coats of factory color followed by 3 coats of clear, wet-sanded between each coat (dream on!)

They are simply held on with adhesive. Grab a hair dryer and heat the strips up slightly. Then, just pull them off. Use goo-gone to remove any leftover residue and then polish everything up.

Wow - something easy for a change! Thanks for the info - Im sure as soon as I take them off I'll get door slams!(not door "dings")....

Mine actually peeling up a bit on it's own, then I just pull it along. Super easy to do. Then just go-gone to clean the surface like the other person said. Mine actually doesn't even have much residue.
A good wash clear them all up. Door looks much cleaner without it.

Back