Horrible ground noise after amp install

:
19 cx5 09 cx9
Over the last two weekends, i gutted my cx5, ran new wires to the doors, installed a dsp and a zapco amp, and a set of Focal mids and tweeters. Got everything put back together to realize i now have a horrible ground noise issue along with an oscillating sound coming through the speakers. I bypassed the oem unit all together and ran everything off of the DSP. The amp is located under the front seat and the dsp is tucked under dash.

Currently the ground is under the center console being grounded where other electronics were grounded.The Dsp and the amp share the same ground. Is there a better spot for ground in proximity to the front seat? Would like to get this fixed so i can get to tuning.

Power wire came in through the firewall in the grommet then down the center console and over to the passenger seat. Speaker wires are ran down the passenger side to the TAU. I’m going to make a new ground under the passenger seat and see if that makes a difference or not.

Upvote 0
Power wire came in through the firewall in the grommet then down the center console and over to the passenger seat. Speaker wires are ran down the passenger side to the TAU. I’m going to make a new ground under the passenger seat and see if that makes a difference or not.
Most likely the ground then. Give that a shot and report back!

Upvote 0
Just an update, noise was an issue with the grounds. I’ve since moved the amp and rewired everything, creating new grounds as I went. The car so far sound’s great although speakers have changed and quite a bit of sound dampening has been added.

Upvote 0
Back