Hold my virtual hand while I wait for my 2016 CX-5 GT!

Baldhound

:
Mazda CX-5 GT 2016
Thanks to all for all your posts. Your info has been invaluable in my new car pursuit. Your insights into and enthusiasm for all things Mazda has been worth more than all the so called experts' opinions.

My only prior experience with Mazda was many years ago. I joined my Dad (engineer for Timken bearings) in a test drive of a Mazda that had a Wankel engine. My Dad patiently tried to educate me on pistonless engines. I just remember the hum the car made!

My 2016 CX-5 has arrived at the port in Jacksonville, Florida!! I should be able to get it next week. Super excited!!

Hi. I literally just joined the site to ask you this. We are searching for a compact SUV and we have been all over the place but I learned through this site that the 2016 CX5 was out!

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for your CX5 before taxes, title and fees? I'm trying to determine how much (if any) negotiating room there is. I'm turned off by the subpar infotainment system in the 2015 so naturally I'm willing to pay more.

Congrats! It's so funny; I saw someone post they decided not to go with the 2016 because aside from the upgraded and refined interior, it was basically the same care they had in a 2014 (I believe) model. The fact that it was upgraded and refined AND was still the same car was why I wanted it. I loved my 2013 and the upgrade in Mazda Connect and the better power in the newer engines were reason enough to move to the 2016. I think you'll love it!

ekcooper - Thanks for the post. I am not usually impulsive nor emotive, but holy moly this purchase has pushed me to be both! I cleaned out 11 years of stuff from my lame duck Murano today. It was like an archeologic dig. Layers of my past! Remnants of dog bones/ treats far outnumbered other items. Special find was a lovely bracelet my Mom had given me. I have enjoyed, yes actually enjoyed the buying process. The two sales people I have been dealing with have been terrific. They truly believe in their product. No hard sell. No trying to get me to take one of their 2015's. They are Mazda fanatics!

Your repeat buy speaks volumes! Thank you!!

Baldhound, LOL! One of the reasons I picked the CX-5 is because the back seats lay almost flat. It helps the dogs in the back (greyhounds). Enjoy!

ekcooper, Woo! Greyhounds! I lost Mia and Pete, two greyhounds who lived with me a few years ago so to get my grey fix I volunteer at a local greyhound rescue group. I will post a pic taken last week (as soon as I figure out how!!) of Joey in the back of my car en route to the vet for a 5 week postop check. We were at a dead stop on the turnpike as 3 cows were in the middle of the highway!! Joey broke is leg racing. He had surgery and is doing awesome. Even has a family ready to adopt him. I have 3 mutts (large, medium, and small) who live with me now. I love them to death, but the greys are truly different and special. Maybe we need to start a subforum of Mazdasers and their pets!

inlinev - I signed the papers for my 2016 pearl white CX-5 GT FWD, tech package. The vehicle purchase price without the taxes, titles and fees was 31,295.00

Interesting that the CX-3 in the pictures seems to have the heads up display. I was really surprised that the 2016 CX-5 did not get this feature.

Back