HK drive & play or OEM interface?

tidriver

:
Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
I have the GT with the stock bose stereo, NO NAV or SAT, what are your thoughts on hooking up my IPOD... get the Harmon Kardon drive and play, where I can see what songs I'm playing and utilize IPOD functions, or get the OEM interface and utilize my steering wheel functions but can't view songs. Or just use the aux input and use my ipod to change songs.

The one thing I would NOT recommend is the OEM interface. If you haven't done so already, download the user guide for it and you'll see exactly how useless it is!

I have the original Drive+Play and am very happy with it. I also have the Crutchfield ground loop isolator between the iPod headphone output and the Aux input. The advantage of the D+P is that it is a little easier to view / control while driving.

The sound quality of the iPod directly into the Aux input is great as long as you don't try to use anything to power the iPod. If you do, then you'll undoubtedly need the ground loop isolator.

There is already another rather extensive thread discussing this topic. You might want to read through it.

I just make my playlists on my ipod and just directly connect. I also have the ground loop (generic off of ebay), sounds great.

Back