HiBoost Turbo 2.0 Duratec

We have just finished our kit for the 2.0 Liter Mazda3 and here are the results. These were done with stock exhaust and first cat coverter removed and at 10 psi of boost.

Stock:

Stock%20Mazda%203.jpg

Turbo,

Mazda%203%202.0%20turbo%20at%2010%20psi%20copia.jpg

And comparison,

Comparison%20between%20stock%20and%20turbo%20at%2010%20psi%20copia.jpg

must agree those seem like some good numbers. Now I have to convince my dad to put a turbo on his 3

the kit for the 3 is nice, the 2.3l makes great power, i wonder how strong this 2.0 is

CWiLL said:
the kit for the 3 is nice, the 2.3l makes great power, i wonder how strong this 2.0 is
Then 2.0 is very strong, in fact the shorter stroke makes it more turbo friendly than the 2.3 with the longer stroke, however the VVt in the 2.3 makes a big difference.

Just out of curiousity, what's with the commas in the dyno figures? Was is dynoed in Canada? If so, why no kph? Studip questions, it's just you usually only see commas as decimals in other countries.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't refer to a Mazda designed, engineered and built engine as a 'Duratec' though. (uhm) LOL...

Just so we're clear, all 'Ford Duratec' 4 cyl engines are in fact Mazda engines. Naming engines is just plain stupid, and is a failed marketing attempt. The only engine with brand power is the Hemi.

to bad thats what they call it

Hey Juan i just got my 3 dynoed and stock is only 118....how did u get 124?? i heard from the guy that did my dyno that the dyno jet makes higher numbers that aren't as true.......mine was done on a dyno that connects directly to the wheels...so whats the difference?????
2073592_51_full.jpg

Last edited:
power output varies from elevation, temp, humidity, how you broke in the motor etc. It will never be the exact same, especially when using different kinds of dynos.

so the 2.0l kit at 10psi makes about the same as the 2.3l kit at 8psi then? these are some really nice numbers juan, congrats!

Back