Hi all

Scottie78

:
Mazda 6
Hi everyone,

I just registered here and i thought i'd say hello.

I am the owner of a Mazda 6 GT Wagon.

I had this car for 6 months now, when i first got it i was so happy to be driving in this car, and oh how things change.

I say i'm having the same issues as everyone else, the NAV/Stereo is almost pretty useless, the NAV just spins and doesn't really work, so i use my phone instead, the common bluetooth/Ipod connect/play issues, so now i just listen to CD's.

I find these issues pretty disheartening, considering the price i paid for it, I've contemplated changing the stereo/selling the car. But that would be too costly.

I have found the Istop very annoying, in Melbourne Peak hour traffic, the car constantly stopping and restarting, even though you can turn it off at times i forget too. I've already started to have rattles, that i didn't have in my previous 8 year old car. The gear ratio of the gear box, i mean it goes into 6th gear at 60kph, (boom04), it's a pain in the arse when i go to overtake someone and i have to wait for the car to go down 3-4 gears, but by that time someone is right up my arse beeping their horn, so i just leave it in manual now.

After going over the car, i find it very cheap and poorly put together, i find the drivers seat moves slightly and at times i think it's going to break, the dash looks cheap.

So i have come here to kind of vent and find solutions (for the stereo), the other things i can do nothing about but wait until i can sell this car and replace it.

Sorry my first post has been somewhat bad, but i'm just over this car at the moment and can't wait to get rid of it and find any reason to not drive it.

Sorry for the complain.

Scott.

Everyone has had gripes about the Nav unit, but for the most part it works just fine. If it really is completely non functional, your dealership should be able to fix it, and if not, there’s no reason why it wouldn't be covered under warranty.

Sounds like you are driving some fake Mazda 6 made in Korea or Taiwan. I've never heard anyone call the dash cheap. The interior in the new Mazda 6 is extremely elegant for a non-luxury brand car. Very well put together. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say anything bad about it lol. You may want to check your car for a “Made in Taiwan” sticker lol.

Hi everyone,

I just registered here and i thought i'd say hello.

I am the owner of a Mazda 6 GT Wagon.

I had this car for 6 months now, when i first got it i was so happy to be driving in this car, and oh how things change.

I say i'm having the same issues as everyone else, the NAV/Stereo is almost pretty useless, the NAV just spins and doesn't really work, so i use my phone instead, the common bluetooth/Ipod connect/play issues, so now i just listen to CD's.

I find these issues pretty disheartening, considering the price i paid for it, I've contemplated changing the stereo/selling the car. But that would be too costly.

I have found the Istop very annoying, in Melbourne Peak hour traffic, the car constantly stopping and restarting, even though you can turn it off at times i forget too. I've already started to have rattles, that i didn't have in my previous 8 year old car. The gear ratio of the gear box, i mean it goes into 6th gear at 60kph, (boom04), it's a pain in the arse when i go to overtake someone and i have to wait for the car to go down 3-4 gears, but by that time someone is right up my arse beeping their horn, so i just leave it in manual now.

After going over the car, i find it very cheap and poorly put together, i find the drivers seat moves slightly and at times i think it's going to break, the dash looks cheap.

So i have come here to kind of vent and find solutions (for the stereo), the other things i can do nothing about but wait until i can sell this car and replace it.

Sorry my first post has been somewhat bad, but i'm just over this car at the moment and can't wait to get rid of it and find any reason to not drive it.

Sorry for the complain.

Scott.

1. NAV unit works just fine - I use it to input an address, voice guidance muted, so I don't have to glance at my phone all the time. What other uses are there for the Navigation??? I don't use I-anything, so don't know about that. Pandora, and regular radio work just fine - no issues what-so-ever.

2. Dash is not cheap, at all!!! For the price-class it is in the "top". American Honda Accord, Nissan Altima, Ford Fusion do not have better dash materials

3. Mazda 6 is indeed cheap car, no matter what trim level one gets, it is essentially a US$21k (before destination) vehicle. Just when you get a higher trim level, they insert things: leather, xenon headlight units, power-adjustment for the seats. But other than that, it is indeed a $21k car, and the more I spend time with it, the more I can see "beyond" the looks. As to poorly built.... I would not say poorly, but I guess, a larges car manufacturer would have somewhat more polished feeling of the overall assembly. I'd give Mazda 6 A-, or B+ in terms of assembly quality, at least what one sees "on the surface".

4. Wagons always have weaker structure, and tend to rattle more. I often drive a 2002 Volvo V70 wagon, and a 2008 Volvo V70 wagon - both rattle in the back, where the rear seats are. That being said, my sedan rattles somewhat, but overall I'm pleased with overall level of ratlines. My ex 2010 Honda Accord rattled substantially more, especially the dashboard. Finally, I drove about a 1000 miles in the brand new 2013 MB C250, it has some rattles here and there too, and the structure does shudder over broken payment too. But, I guess, it does feel somewhat more solid than the Mazda 6. However, C class starts as a US$36K car, and then features are tacked onm whereas Mazda 6 starts as a $21k car

At the end of the day, it is all about expectations, and some people have too low of expectations and love the car, while some may have to high of expectations and are let down when it doesn't meet or exceed all of those expectations.

Back