help with installing some speakers

:
2k Protege LX
So instead of making another thread I'm just going to edit this one, considering the topic is the same. I have just learned of the the tweeters that come in some Proteges and have some questions. I just looked at the panel that they are supposed to be located (on the interior of door where mirror is mounted) and noticed that there is almost NO room to work with. My LX has power mirrors so the wires are routed through that area and the panel is very shallow as it is. My main concern is if I do find a pair of these tweeters and get them, will they fit? My second question being, what would be the best way to wire them into the sound system? Thanks for any info guys.

Last edited:
I'd sure hope you dynamat the hell out of your back doors dude! as for the amp install, google how to install "#" channel amp and you'll find a hundred and fifty pages. Usually the first page has some good tutorials. But honestly if you've never installed an amp before and have no idea, i'd get it done profesionally at a shop.You don't seem to realize a sub does need an amp to be powered, so my bet is, get a professional to do it.

Yes I do have deadening foam for the doors all ready to go in. I'll have to try that google thing tonight when I get off work. As for paying somebody to work on my car I'll pass. I'm a DIYer snd like to learn how to do new things. The people I'd be paying to install an amp didn't know how to do what they do at some point. If they can learn how to do it so can I.
This isn't a competition install just a simple audio upgrade so I don't need anything big so what size amp would everyone recommended?

depends on the sub. if you have a sub you're looking to buy post it (the specs) and then we can reccomend you an amp to go with it

Subs are only 8" sorry. They are Pioneer TS-W201F, 4ohm
250w max
100w nom. Hope that helps. I am having a little trouble getting a signal from the RCA jacks in my head unit. I'm gonna play with it this weekend and if I can't figure things out I'll consult you fella's yet again.

Searched and found some info on where to go thru the firewall. Hopefully I'll be able to get started installing after I get home from MEPS. I hate this place.

there is a grommet right next to the clutch cylinder that you can cut and it goes right through to the inside of the car BY the clutch. it is covered by some mats and flooring crap, but it's there.
i will give you more power to ya, because i didn't know how to do anything on cars, and now i install audio systems for my friends at a fraction of a shop, and so far, none has complained. if you PM me your email addy, i can take some pics and show you how to do it. or you can go to walmart and buy a lil dvd they sell, it's kinda like "audio systems for dummies". laugh all you want, i showed it to the guy who wanted $200 for an amp install and he laughed with me.
if all you're running is an 8" sub, you're going to hate it.
if you wanna heed my advice, a 10" sub, with a nice ported box will give you all the sound you want. the bigger the sub, the deeper the bass. you can use Kicker 6x9" on your rear deck and get better sound than an 8" in the trunk. if you're worried about space, go to best buy and ask for a "pancake" sony sub. it's only like 3" deep, and it comes with a box made by sony, it's like $100 or so.
i don't know about the tweeters, and if someone posted on here about them, i'd be interested too.

Thanks for the reply, as far as the origional post and questions go, I got all that sorted out. I have two 10" subs in the trunk now. Never got around to putting the pioneer subs in the doors because there were just too big. I have some new speakers now to put in the rear doors and tweeters that I'd like to put up front to raise my sound but need to find a good place for them

Back