help with coolant flush

peeenl

:
2001 Mazda MP3
I bought one of those T fitting coolant flush kits. Out heater cores seem to be in a poor spot for this. What the best spot to splice that in?

I was thinking about using the little rubber elbow location on the front drive side?

I was also contemplating another method though. Can I just disconnect both radiator hoses, and run a garden hose in the top rad. hose and then the opposite way in top of the engine where I disconnected it?

Will a garden hose run enough water that I can just undo one radiator hose and run the engine?

I bought one of those T fitting coolant flush kits. Out heater cores seem to be in a poor spot for this. What the best spot to splice that in?

I was thinking about using the little rubber elbow location on the front drive side?

I was also contemplating another method though. Can I just disconnect both radiator hoses, and run a garden hose in the top rad. hose and then the opposite way in top of the engine where I disconnected it?

Will a garden hose run enough water that I can just undo one radiator hose and run the engine?

That's the way I do it, but you need to remove the thermostat to get full flow through the block. Afterward you'll want to flush again with a gallon of distilled water, then button everything up and fill with a gallon of coolant, and finally top off with distilled water. You should end up with a pretty stout coolant mix, near 75/25.

I wouldn't do it while running the engine, a hot block and cold water is bad news.

To flush the heater core, you'll need to undo the hoses and flush it in reverse to get the most crap out of it, do the same with the radiator.

Last edited:
Back