Help needed, Manifold and downpipe

Yanek570

:
mazdaspeed protege 2003.5 titanium
My stock turbo recently blew. I am deciding now whether to upgrade to T3/T4 turbo and a steedspeed manifold...My car currently has an aftermarket downpipe that is attached to the stock manifold. Will the downpipe still work with the the steedspeed manifold or will i need to purchase a new one?

Any help is appreciated

if you go to the steedspeed t3 mani you cant reuse you downpipe for 2 reasons. One because a t3 turbo has a different exhaust flange then the stock msp t2 turbo. Second the stock msp mani puts the turbo on an angle away from the block the t3 steedspeed puts the turbo parallel to the block.

Last edited:
Just get another T25. A good T3/T4 turbo and that manifold, plus new downpipe is going to cost you a mint, not to mention completely alter the driving characteristics of the car.

if you go to the steedspeed t3 mani you cant reuse you downpipe for 2 reasons. One because a t3 turbo has a different exhaust flange then the stock msp t2 turbo. Second the stock msp mani puts the turbo on an angle away from the block the t2 steedspeed puts the turbo parallel to the block.

pretty sure the t2 steed and msp manifolds keep both turbos angled. stock downpipe matches up with the steedspeed and its a factory replacment.

pretty sure the t2 steed and msp manifolds keep both turbos angled. stock downpipe matches up with the steedspeed and its a factory replacment.

So a T3 turbo will directly bolt onto a T3 steedspeed manifold and the manifold will correctly bolt onto my downpipe that is currently connected to my stock manifold?

no it wont. The t3 turbo will bolt onto a t3 steedspeed mani but you will need a new downpipe because it changes the turbo orientation to be parallel to the block.

Okay thank you...are there any turbos besides the stock gt25 that will not require a new downpipe?

+1 on the 28rs. You can find one for a good price all the time on this forum, they fit without too much modification, and they can easily put down enough power to blow up your transmission and probably enough to blow the motor twice.

Back