help me not sell the MZ2 and get a FRS or BRZ

Erv

:
2011 MZ2 Sport
I really want a BRZ, I have wanted one for a LOOOOONG time, now they are out... AND I got an offer from someone on my car for more than I owe. I realize that this car and the FRS/BRZ are not really comparible. But, I am having a hard time not getting one.

hmmm it says automatic only on the scion so i say no!!! but the brz that iwould really consider. had a 98 impreza and i love it til it burn cuz of leak from my nos bottle. i was just looking thru the specs. and its not AWD? errr no deal either. u buy the subaru for its AWD thats my 2cents. keep the mazda 2 and waitfor next yr when they release a better model.

The Scion is automatic only? That completely defeats the purpose of making a sportscar...

Do it! It's got to be way more fun to drive, and an awesome value. If I didn't have to take 2 little girls in and out of baby seats twice per day I'd probably already have one (or at least I'd have gotten an early order). I'd go with the scooby, especially since you'll be modding the suspension anyways (I've read the FRS has slightly higher spring rates stock IIRC). And for those unfamilair....both come with a manual.

Last edited:
Online it only show at but the scion does come in 6mt. The frs has stiffer dampers and softer stings. Its supposed to be the barebones racer while the vex is the daily. I had an sti before the mazda 2. So I know about the boxer motor my main concern id them coming out with a sti version or a ted version after I buy my car.

Well the BRZ is an all motor boxer motor... sooo.... to do much to it you will either need to boost it or tear it all apart. Just from personal experience with my own Subaru I can tell you that I will probably never buy another one just due to the sheer difficulty to do simple things like spark plugs and valve cover gaskets. BUT if you don't mind the busted knuckles and rated R conversations between you and your car then I say go for it lol.

I've owned a wrx, an n/a forester and full wrx swapped forester (which I sold today). Maintenance wasn't too bad. The swapped forester did require the motor to come up a bit to get to the plugs. I loved 'em all. Can't beat the boxer for a low cg and wicked sound (with UEL headers). And about the STi thing....exact thing happened to me when I bought my '03 WRX. Sure I wasn't too happy when the STi came out less than a year later but when a car is that mod friendly "inadequacies" are easily rectified. If the STi comes out and is THAT much better, just put it back to stock and trade up.

If you want it - get it. Life's too short. Just make sure the 2 goes into good hands :)

BTW, Erv, those issues you wrote about AutoXing -- that's the car's revenge for you thinking about selling her :) You know, there's that theory -- if you want to sell your car - don't let her know about it :)

Well the BRZ is an all motor boxer motor... sooo.... to do much to it you will either need to boost it or tear it all apart. Just from personal experience with my own Subaru I can tell you that I will probably never buy another one just due to the sheer difficulty to do simple things like spark plugs and valve cover gaskets. BUT if you don't mind the busted knuckles and rated R conversations between you and your car then I say go for it lol.

I have owned a GC8 impreza and a 06 STi, I know the deal funny thing is, MOST of the things everyone finds annoying I found no issue with :D As for boosting it, not a concern either because I want it as a DD and Auto X car.

If you want it - get it. Life's too short. Just make sure the 2 goes into good hands :)

BTW, Erv, those issues you wrote about AutoXing -- that's the car's revenge for you thinking about selling her :) You know, there's that theory -- if you want to sell your car - don't let her know about it :)

I promise I didn't say anything in front of her. Didn't even drive her to the stealership for the test drive.

I've owned a wrx, an n/a forester and full wrx swapped forester (which I sold today). Maintenance wasn't too bad. The swapped forester did require the motor to come up a bit to get to the plugs. I loved 'em all. Can't beat the boxer for a low cg and wicked sound (with UEL headers). And about the STi thing....exact thing happened to me when I bought my '03 WRX. Sure I wasn't too happy when the STi came out less than a year later but when a car is that mod friendly "inadequacies" are easily rectified. If the STi comes out and is THAT much better, just put it back to stock and trade up.

The good news is I can trade up, the bad news is I don't want the hassle of doing that. In the end I will prolly wait til the TRD/ STi ones come out and judge from there.

Can't really compare an econobox to a dedicated sports car... although the 2 is one sporty econobox!

Back