Help I screwed up!

NISMOrob5

:
Mazda5
On my 2008 mazda5 I was changing out the front sway bar bushings. I got my swivel head ratchet stuck between the bracket bolt (front drivers side) and the ps rack/lines. I tried to reverse the ratchet but it would not reverse and just ended up being more stuck. I'm wondering if there is a tool I can use to cut the bolt or how I wold go about loosening the ps rack from the subframe. Pics below and any advice greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230608_145655_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230608_145655_Gallery.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 20230608_143245.jpg
    20230608_143245.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 96
enough room for an angle grinder to cut off the bolt? or maybe an oscillating tool or reciprocating saw? but if you cut the bolt how would you get the bolt out or maybe i'm missing something.

Last edited:
Are you able to reverse the ratchet head and use a pair of tongue and grove players to catch the socket to see if you can drive bolt back in to get some space back? You might need try to jiggle the ratchet/socket/player combo.

I recall that bolt is a pain and having to use a combo of short socket (def not deep socket), swivel/rotating head (double as extension), and standard socket bc it was so tight. It sucked.

Last edited:
Yea, why can't you just reverse the ratchet to get it to thread on a bit, remove the ratchet, then use a box wrench/spanner to get it the rest of the way? It seems like the length of the deep socket is really the problem there, so use a different tool

Back