HELP! 2005 RX-8 won't start after pulling out of storage- actions to date listed

Carmelocolon

:
2005 Mazda RX-8
I've had my RX8 since 2006 and being in the military have had to store it multiple times. This last week I pulled it out of a 4 month storage stay. I added a couple oz of marvel mystery oil to the fuel and took out the spark plugs and added a couple oz to the engine as well and then let it sit for 3 days. As I said I have started it after storing at least 5 times before but this time it is being extremely difficult. I have a brand new battery and I'm supporting with a shop charger. I took out each spark plug and cleaned it very well. I even removed the air intake and we tried misting fuel while cranking it to shock it to start and nothing. When we check the spark on the plugs by removing and grounding them when we crank it all I get is the first spark and then nothing.

Any recommendations or your thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Melo

If it didn't start first kick it probably flooded. If the engine turns over but doesn't fire up, it fills with gas. Because the rotary is an internal combustion engine, once it fiils with gas, it floods. It then has to be manually deflooded.

Back