Hello!

RobertWK

:
2011 Mazda2
I'm Robert, and I acquired a Mazda2 this past weekend to replace my 02' Camry SE that was in an unfortunate accident.

I initially test drove an autostick 3, but the salesman showed me the 2 (manual) and I was impressed enough with it that I bought it!

Welcome! Glad to see another Mazda2 owner in here, especially one with a manual trans! We need pictures and details! What color? What trim? Any upgrades planned?

The only thing I'm considering upgrading in the short term is the suspension. The roads around here notoriously subpar, and with a drop in 1000 lbs curb weight between the camry and now, it's a pretty bouncy ride.

Additionally, does the 2011 have a center console/armrest option? The 2 I bought is pretty barebones.

There is a factory option for an armrest that fits into the rearmost cupholder in the center console.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I can't help you out with ride quality questions - most suspension discussions 'round these parts are focused on making the car sharper and tighter, and handling even better than stock. Mazdas aren't as soft as their counterparts from Aichi, but that's what makes them so wonderfully engaging to drive. If I can suggest one modification, it would be a solid rear motor mount. The tradeoff for slightly more NVH at idle is a much improved shift feel, especially that pesky 1-2 shift. I did an install writeup a few years back.

Last edited:
There is a factory option for an armrest that fits into the rearmost cupholder in the center console.
If I can suggest one modification, it would be a solid rear motor mount. The tradeoff for slightly more NVH at idle is a much improved shift feel, especially that pesky 1-2 shift. I did an install writeup a few years back.

Haha this is one modification I have done that I definitely wouldn't recommend if you're looking to improve your ride quality. I have the 70A urethane mount from AWR and the vibrations at low RPM are very noticeable & harsh in my car. That said, it does improve shift feel so I've left it in.

Great choice in the manual trans. These cars can be so much fun. I would recommend tire upgrades. I run 205/50/15s on stock rims w/o any clearance issues.

Welcome. Corksport makes a set of adjustable dampers that you could throw on. Paired with the factory springs I bet they'd smooth out the ride for you if left on the softer settings. Last time I had mine at a shop someone had fun with the dampers and turned them all the way down. I couldn't feel the road AT ALL driving home, drove me nuts.

@okvol, my tires are little. I want to put new wheels on it, but that might be a little further down the road after I pay off the difference from the previous car. :(

Back