Heads up display (HUD) shaking

:
21CX5 Signature
I have 2021 cx5 Signature and when I drive over bump on the road the image on the windshield is shaking, but when driving down a flat road/highway its not shaking/ I do not recall having this problem when I had my cx5 2017. Does yours do this?

Don't think so. If it does I never noticed. In fact I hardly see the HUD unless the lane departure icon starts flashing.

I never stay focused at what the HUD is displaying long enough to notice. Is it obvious, or are you looking for it?

The car has less then 100 miles, it does not look like anything loose, called dealer and they say that in 2020 they put thinner plates that hold projector and that it is normal

I have 2021 cx5 Signature and when I drive over bump on the road the image on the windshield is shaking, but when driving down a flat road/highway its not shaking/ I do not recall having this problem when I had my cx5 2017. Does yours do this?
Did it do this when you test-drove the vehicle? Maybe you can stop by the dealership and ask to test-drive an identical or near-identical CX5 with HUD.

I do not recall this happening during the test drive but, I will definitely ask them to test-drive save vehicle the next time I will go to the dealer

Why not go back to your salesperson and ask to testdrive another 2021 cx5 to compare.
If would do that if I were you.

My CX-5 is in getting the front bumper re-painted (under warranty) and I have a 2021 Mazda3 with HUD loaner, it does not seem to move. I do have some bumpy roads.

Could it be that 2021 Mazda3 and CX5 have a different HUD setup?
I've seen this happen on my 2021 when I hit a BIG bump. If I have to guess, the projector sits on isolator mounts to drown out any engine/driveline vibrations. With a big enough hit you get outside the damping range and you'll notice a jolt.

I've seen this happen on my 2021 when I hit a BIG bump. If I have to guess, the projector sits on isolator mounts to drown out any engine/driveline vibrations. With a big enough hit you get outside the damping range and you'll notice a jolt.
I see that I'm not the only one that this is happening. I guess Mazda redesigned HUD for 2021 CX5 and a jolt/shake/vibration according to dealer (spoke with dealer service advisor on the phone and asked about HUD issue) is as designed behavior. Next time I will go to dealer for service I will ask to test drive another CX5 with HUD just to compare.

I'll have to pay attention when going over bumps. It seems logical that there could be a slight vibration of the image as the projector in the dash and windshield are not 100% fixed to each other, and the projector might shake slightly over a large bump or very rough surface. If there are isolation mounts designed in, I'd guess this design is probably a better option that having a constant slight vibration if there was no damping built into the projector.

In any case, I'm generally not focused on the HUD most of the time and whenever I have looked, it's very clear. If yours is that shaking that noticeably on a regular basis, there may be something that's not tightened down properly.

I have traded 2017CX5 for 2021CX5 and on 2017CX5 I did not have any issue with HUD no mater how big road bump was, HUD on 2017CX it was solid as a rock :)

I have traded 2017CX5 for 2021CX5 and on 2017CX5 I did not have any issue with HUD no mater how big road bump was, HUD on 2017CX it was solid as a rock :)
So that would seem to indicate there is a problem on your 2021 since most every other owner is saying they aren't noticing any shake, and HeloJoe said he saw it on a BIG bump which probably results in everything in the vehicle shaking a little, including our eye balls. If yours actually has a problem, why not have the dealer investigate and fix it? Also, you originally said you don't recall having the issue on the 2017, so it's possible you happened to be staring at the HUD going over a big bump and noticed a shake, and now you're subconsciously looking at it much more often and noticing what you were never fixated on before.

So that would seem to indicate there is a problem on your 2021 since most every other owner is saying they aren't noticing any shake, and HeloJoe said he saw it on a BIG bump which probably results in everything in the vehicle shaking a little, including our eye balls. If yours actually has a problem, why not have the dealer investigate and fix it? Also, you originally said you don't recall having the issue on the 2017, so it's possible you happened to be staring at the HUD going over a big bump and noticed a shake, and now you're subconsciously looking at it much more often and noticing what you were never fixated on before.
It makes sense what your are saying specially that somehow I am subconsciously looking at it much more often and noticing what I were never fixated on before and even the dealer saying that it behaves as designed (because of HUD redesign for 2021), but I still think it is a good Idea to take same model for a test drive just to compare next time I'll go to dealer for service.

It makes sense what your are saying specially that somehow I am subconsciously looking at it much more often and noticing what I were never fixated on before and even the dealer saying that it behaves as designed (because of HUD redesign for 2021), but I still think it is a good Idea to take same model for a test drive just to compare next time I'll go to dealer for service.
Yeah I agree. Find out if yours is shaking more than another comparable car. See if you can find a good section of road near the dealer with your car that produces a noticeable shake so you can get a good direct comparison.

I'm debating whether I want to pay more attention to see if mine does it or not, or just continue along in ignorant bliss since I haven't noticed it yet.

I will decently do that next time I'll go to dealer for service (closest dealer to my location is about 30-40 minutes drive) don' want to drive there just for HUD and spend half a day at the dealership.
It would be interesting to know if yours behaving the same way or not.

Just took delivery of a 2021. Only a few miles on it, some bumpy, but have not noticed any shaking of the HUD. Will double check it tomorrow.

Back