header!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

zoom-zoom

:
2003 protege5
hi guys, i just had question i have a protege5 i was planning on getting some obx header for my protege5 i called up protegegarage today and talked to ken and found out that they wont have any more obx header for about 2 more months or so.. i looked on ebay and there where some that said that they where obx header but i am not sure if they really are my question is where else can i get some obx header?/ and if thats not posible what other header would you guys recomend that will be in the same price range and that will be just as good... i would aprettiated if you guys can (help) me out..

Last edited:
I guess it depends on what you want out of a header. If you want true performance gains, you'll probably have to spend a little more money. OBX isn't known for having the highest quality (I've personally seen a few of their exhausts and manifolds with very poor quality welds to the point where they leaked). I'm not saying all their products are crap. But they do seem to be a bit hit-or-miss sometimes.

I've got an ebay OBX header and if is great.

The only problem I had was lining up the EGR with it, but I've heard many people complain about the same thing so I dont think it just my ebay one.

Dont worry about them giving you crap about headers, us V* people know how it's really supposed to be:)

Thekid760 said:
I've got an ebay OBX header and if is great.

The only problem I had was lining up the EGR with it, but I've heard many people complain about the same thing so I dont think it just my ebay one.

My OBX had the same problem with the egr. That new 4-2-1 does look pretty good though. Personaly I would wait and get it from Ken but if you really want it now go ahead and get it off ebay.

I got mine off eBay and compared it to my friend's OBX he ordered through protegegarage.com. They are identical and my ebay OBX header works/sounds/performes AWESOME!

If you are thinking of buying an OBX off of ebay I would wait until Ken gets some more in. He gets the good stuff. I have heard of a few folks on here that have bought OBX off of ebay and they have leaks and s***. I had an OBX from Ken for several months before I sold it and I never had any problems with it. By the way, I am sure that Ken would work with you way better than ebayers if something ever did go wrong. I dont believe you get warranty paperwork from ebayers either. just my 2.5 cents

I said it last page. OBX is hit-and-miss. Some people will have no problems at all for years on end, while others will assume their header was welded up by a monkey in need of bifocals.

Back