Have an interesting question about selling my car.

SoonP5ismine

Contributor
:
2003.5 MP5 Laser Blue Automatic (SOLD)
Is it worth more in parts or as a whole.
2003 Laser Blue Protege 5 Auto. Here is my craigslist posting. I am not posting the link here to sell the car but only for opinions on whether I should part it out or sell as whole. I also have original 16 inch wheels that have some scratches and all are a little bent due to potholes but not to the point where you will feel the car shake while driving.
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5113034068.html

Last edited:
No your about spot on for what It's worth. You have nothing to part with. Sell as whole and that rust $2500 is your max price your going to get

All that rust i wouldn't pay $3500 for that. Sorry not hating or trying to thread bash but that is not pretty. It's got 165k miles, auto, rust, back bumper damage, needs some tlc.

Last edited:
The body on that car would not fall under the "Good" condition. It has entirely too much rot. $2500 is about right on price for that condition. In parts, You might make a grand total if you parted it out. And even then, it would be months of it in your way before you sold even that much worth.

Cars are always worth more in parts than whole. The problem is actually selling all of the parts. It would take months and a lot of labor before you would get $2500 in parts.

$2500 is a good starting price, but I'd expect to go lower due to the rust. If you got $1800 + you'll have done alright.

The right way to fix that rust is to cut it out and replace the metal. However, you can do a respectable job with grinding, some body filler, and code matched paint in some of those spots. I'm not talking about a hack job, just cleaning up some of the lighter rust spots. Might get you $500 more. But if you're not strapped for cash take $1800 and run.

Last edited:
Back