Hand brake turns

:
CX-5
Anyone know if there is a way to make hand brake turns? When I try the traction control takes over. Worst part, the computer won't let me have power for a few sec after releasing the brake.

I assume that turning off the traction control would probably help, but when you need the hand brake you need it now.

What circumstances would you need the hand brake to turn? Drifting a cx-5?

You would have to pull the abs fuse. That's a track only thing. The other way is to ride low gear into high RPM, then downshift as you reach the apex of a sharp turn for a powerslide effect, or simply ride high rpms then let off the gas. That is for AWD though. I don't know how well/if it work's with FWD if at all. Also stock tires and ride height will make it more difficult. Rear sway bar makes a huge difference as well. Turning the TCS off with the button will allow you to do powerslides and stuff, however when you come out of the turn if you don't come out perfect the DSC which is not TCS, will kick in and you may get a messy looking and feeling computer assisted "straightening out". Once I got ot the harris hill raceway I will pull the fuse and see the difference.

Last edited:
My last car was a small hatchback and I used to E brake turn all the time. :D

But honestly, I'm too scared to try it in this car.

Well I did it in the dirt the other day, you can swivel real nice with the awd.

Latest posts

Back