GT2860r stock boost....

WIMSPWI

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
does anybody know what the wastegate for the 2860r limits to? i am just curious and wanna figure out if i wanna use the new wastegate on my new turbo or swap over my stock gt25 wastegate...info fast is greatly appreciated...

is that stock? im wondering like if i bolt it on with its stock wastegate what will my boost be? i'll be turning it up in the future. i just wanna make sure if i use the new setup in full that i wont be running too much boost for the msp to handle.

my mods are as follows:
FMIC
hardpipes
gt2860r
2.5" one piece stainless downpipe
tubular manifold made by Milwaukeemotorwerks
2.5"-3" exhaust, no cats.
split second afc

the car will also have 440cc or larger injectors after the snow and will be getting tuned by AMS. i just want to make sure the wastegated boost is safe...anyone know what it is?!?!?

i'll have pics up when its done. its not fully assembled yet, waiting for manifold completion which should be tonight or tomorrow...and waiting to see if someone answers my boost level question!!!

find out for yourself to be sure....take any air pump with a gauge and plug it into the wastegate vacuum tube. pump it up and watch the flapper to see when it starts to open and when it is fully open....that will tell you.....or if there is a part number on the actuator you can google that and see what it says....you can have the same style actuator with different spring rates...

see thats what i read on some sites for the RB26. it says wastegate is 10psi...but i just wanted to make sure

I don't know about you guys but I find the stock WGA to be of poor design and failure prone. I wouldn't take the risk of running the stock WGA especially with an unbuilt motor on the larger turbo!!
Either go with ATP or Forge for the WGA. You already have it out might as well upgrade it. The ATP will be set at a certain PSI I think it's set at the stock 6 psi. The forge which I run allows you to turn up or down the boost by either swapping springs inside or tightening the spring inside a bit. The green spring is 5-10 psi and as high as you should be going anyway without a forged motor....Even with a great tune!!
I'm only running 5 Psi with a GT28RS and still put down almost 200 WHP.

Well, yea I meant ATP. Some of thebrand new wga's from mazda are broken.

I bought a broken one from mazda before, opened to early no spike, and only hit 5psi max.

So get a brand new aftermarket wga.

From my program that gets me all the Garrett info it says "NO SPEC" for the actuator setting on the GT2860RS. What A/R is your exhaust housing?

i do not have the turbo here at the house and i dont remember what A/R it was. i'll be sure to check when i go out there. yeah that is why i dont want to run the stock one because it is failure prone.

Back