Grif's White P5

try filling your original mounts with 3m windo weld. worked out good for my p5. eliminates the engine slop and doesn't make the car vibrate everything off.

If you are looking for a nice blend between comfort and performance - keep the side inserts and fill the front and rear with either the 3m or 60a liquid urethane.
Im running inserts in front and sides and a urethane filled rear. In my auto i have minimal vibes. And its my daily.

try filling your original mounts with 3m windo weld. worked out good for my p5. eliminates the engine slop and doesn't make the car vibrate everything off.

I had a pal recently recommend this to me. He and his dad before him did it to their muscle cars, and says it did the job without buzzing the interior panels off. I might give it a try...20 bucks a can beats saving up for a 400+ dollar mount kit

I had a pal recently recommend this to me. He and his dad before him did it to their muscle cars, and says it did the job without buzzing the interior panels off. I might give it a try...20 bucks a can beats saving up for a 400+ dollar mount kit

this is true. it did add a little bit of noise but little to no buzzing compared to solid mounts. starting up my msp in the winter months, it's extra buzzy lol. there's so many random fender and bumper rattles

Sorry, been gone awhile. Thanks for the replies everybody much appreciated.
The previous owner actually filled in the rear mount with something. Seems quite solid. I sold the AWR mounts in a couple days and swapped in the OEM mounts but left the front Hydra 70 duro one in.
Much less vibrating and s*** rattling, exactly what I wanted. Just a bit of vibration at times but I mean.. it's an old car it's fine.

Will keep the inserts and find some time to do it later on. Otherwise the ones I have in now will hold.

Also.. I'm freaking loving my exhaust since getting it fixed. Pops everytime while downshifting.. huehue.

Here's a few pics to throw in:
Z66amfY.jpg

CjLWWQk.jpg

TA6z0z4.jpg

That's looking great! Gotta love the exhaust pops lol
Did you fill the side mounts with anything or just use the oem mounts?

i see some coolant splatter on your intake pipe. are there splits on top of your radiator? is your radiator cap in good working condition? i recently got done dealing with this nightmare on my wife's crv lol. that white coolant stain was all over the powder coated valve cover *cringe*

Just OEM mounts. We'll see how they hold!

I have to check. Not sure if it was from when I installed the coolant overflow or if the hose isn't tight etc.
The radiator isnt' even a year old so hoping it's not that.

Although I may have to look into that radiator cap suggestion.. used the Mishimoto one that came with it but read it sometimes leaks.
How did you clean it up? Just simple green or something?

i used quick detailer because it was all over the powdercoated valve cover. i normally go and clean stuff with brake cleaner but i knew it would prolly ruin the valve cover lol. surely simple green should work fine.

Just OEM mounts. We'll see how they hold!

I have to check. Not sure if it was from when I installed the coolant overflow or if the hose isn't tight etc.
The radiator isnt' even a year old so hoping it's not that.

Although I may have to look into that radiator cap suggestion.. used the Mishimoto one that came with it but read it sometimes leaks.
How did you clean it up? Just simple green or something?

Quick question, how hard is it to do the transmission mount? I'm waiting on mine to get delivered and I was hoping to save some cash by just doing it on my own. Any tips/tricks or tools I definitely need for this job?

Not hard at all. Jack up the engine with a block of wood via the oil pan just to keep it level while doing it; so holes line up. I think it was a 19 or 21 mm socket? Need to remove bolt in the middle. Then you'll see the mount bolts you have to remove. Reverse process for install. If you're installing aftermarket/stiff mounts, I tighten that center bolt while the car is running to somewhat level out the vibrations :p

Honestly not great at explaining directions, could easily find a guide to describe it better lol but it was easy and straightforward. All mounts except the rear are actually pretty easy.

What was the torque you used on the bolt that goes thru the mount? I had another member help me with the diagrams but it didn't contain that information.

... Need to remove the bolt in the middle. Then you'll see the mount bolts..

I just noticed this...

If you need to remove the bolt to install it, then you'll have to reinstall it with proper torque.

Back