Got New Fog Light Bulbs.. Now How in the H3LL?

I don't know all the technical terms but I got mine changed. Here it goes -
Reach under the body kit where the fog light is. There will be one bolt coming from the bulb housing toward the wheel. Loosen that nut. A 14mm crescent wrench is needed, there is no room for a racheting one - it's a tight space. After getting the nut, lock washer, and flat washer off push the bolt toward the fog light. This will loosen the housing assembly. Get out from under the car, grab the assembly and loosen the two screws in the back of the assembly. Then place a flat head screwdriver between the clear part and the dark back piece to gain access to the bulb. Unhook the metal piece keeping the bulb in place and the wiring for the bulb. Replace one bulb with the other. I'm sure you know this but - Don't touch the bulb. Redo everything in the opposite order. Be careful it is possible to screw the clear part to the back dark plastic piece upside-down, which causes the bulb to point up (I made that mistake on one bulb, strange effect). It is not possible to put the assembly back on the body kit upside-down though. I hope that helps-it took a little over 30 minutes to do the whole thing (I'm a novice at this)

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: MP3TLH ]

if you want to change out the fog light bulbs, get up under the car, undo the middle bolt, and then reach up and unplug the the wire harness, then pull the light out, unscrew the two screws on the back of the foglight and becareful not to touch the bulbs. Then just follow the above steps to put them back in. I just put mine in a couple of days ago. ;)

Sheesh 30 minutes, damn you're quick. Took me a little less than 50 minutes, but I changed mine at night and in about 35 degree weather. But now my foggies are brighter and are actually functional. teehee :D

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: APEXistud ]

Latest posts

Back