Got my "clunck" noise fixed

msp1east

Wanted to let the MSP owners know I took my MSP to a Mazdaspeed dealer and complained about the noises with the suspension. They lubed the suspension and replaced the rear swaybar bushings. They must of tighten up the suspension more because the car feels so much better as for ride and response. I'm about to hit the thousand mark, so its time to open her up!!
Diego

HA HA HA, sorry, but this is the same lame ass trick they play on all of the newbies. Mazda is pathetic. How long are they going to keep playing this trick?

Your noise will be back. trust me.

And yes, you are right, the rear end does get a lot tighter

I've said it before and I dont mind repeating.

At least you don't have a Jeep Cherokee.

The most clunktastic vehicle ever spawned.

Sorry MSP1East....you're screwed....once it starts, it keeps coming back...but next time it'll be sooner and louder, and then sooner and louder the time after that:rolleyes:

look every one still doesn't understand. the dealerships will also opt to just replace the bushing and not do any thing to fix it or report it to Mazda. and why you ask? well the mazda dealership gets paid 4.5 hours of labor from MazdaUSA to replace the front bushing. 4.5 hours!!!!!! but it takes them like 30 min to replace it. so by keep replacing these bushings the mazda dealership will make a killing.

sneaky people!!

There's a point where Mazda refuses to pay for any more of the same repair. This has happened to me. They basically say, well, we've paid your dealer for 6 sets of bushings. It can't be the bushings fault, it must be your dealer not fixing it correctly....so bam, now my dealer gets hit with the cost of each repair.

This is when I started having a fit at Mazda. 1st they refuse to admit there's a problem, then when there's a history of the problem, and obvious proof, they pull this stunt.

colonel forbin said:
Are you sure that's not just a rumor, saided?

the mazda tech told me himself. i was picking up my car and i met lazabluemp3 at the dealership. so i was talkin to him and i'm cool with the mazda tech guy and he was walking around and saw. came over and we started talking and said mazda paid them for 4.5 hours of labor to install the front bushings. either he is telling the truth or lying i don't know. but i believe him.

what does he gain from lying?

i still don't think you understand. i wasn't charged a penny. it was all warrenty work so mazda USA paid my local mazda dealership. do i care if mazda over pays its dealers????

I know what you mean, but someone said that it doesn't motivate the people at the mazda dealership to inform MazdaUSA that the bushing problem needs to be fixed. I don't know much about this so these are just ideas. I'm a slow learner ;)

OK. So who with an MSP still has the clunk? Mine is certainly not as bad as it was, only seems to reappear when it is cold AND wet, and is worse when hitting bumps going around a bend.... BUT it is still bloody there! Seems like newf is the only one really pushing the issue and he needs our support!

Well, I had the clunk after about 300 miles. I had the bushings replaced and it was fine for another couple hundred miles. I'm now at 750 and the clunk is beginning to come back. I'm not sure how to proceed from here. I want to find out what my dealer plans on doing to help me out. It's obvious that greasing and/or replacing the bushings is not a solution. I'm curious as to what they're going to say. I guess the next step is making some noise at Mazda Corp.

Don't worry guys, i'm still complaining with my mp3....the last time they took my car away for a week and a half....nothing got fixed, so i got the call back...."how was your service"? After about a half hour of complaining, i think she got the message. She's phoning up mazda canada....Like usual, nothing will come of it, but i'll still keep complaining to the dealerships, to mazda can, to racing beat, to god.:mad:

Lemon Laws guys.... in Michigan the manufacturer has 4 attempts to fix a problem. The problem must first occur within the first year, and before the 4th attempt to fix the owner must notify the manufacturer that this is their last chance to repair. In Massachusetts they have 3 attempts.

The only thing to prove is that it substantially impairs the use or value (by 10%) of the vehicle. I have to think that the net result of leaving failed bushings affects safety too, right?

Keep all correspondance.

Yeah but that's the thing, I don't want to give my car back. I just want it fixed right so I can enjoy it. What about the BBB, Better Business Bureau? Anyone ever tried to do antyhing with them? I'm not sure how it works, but I'd be willing to find out if anyone would think it would do any good. I think I'll wait and see what turns out with newf and his sending the old bushings to Racing Beat before I contact them.

All it will take is a few lemon law threats and Mazda will figure out a fix, do a recall and we are all happy.

all this over two little pieces of rubber.

Just like a piece of rubber to ruin everything.

Last edited:
PA_MP3_Man said:
Yeah but that's the thing, I don't want to give my car back. I just want it fixed right so I can enjoy it. What about the BBB, Better Business Bureau? Anyone ever tried to do antyhing with them? I'm not sure how it works, but I'd be willing to find out if anyone would think it would do any good. I think I'll wait and see what turns out with newf and his sending the old bushings to Racing Beat before I contact them.

but why settle for a MP3 if you can make them give you a MSP??? :D

Back