Goodbye, Y'all - It's Been Real!

I'll be rid of the 2 tomorrow...but i'm getting 11,700 in trade for it so I had to jump on that.....ill be back to the mazda3 side of the forum (will be my 4th mazda3).
Hatchback or sedan?

I'll be rid of the 2 tomorrow...but i'm getting 11,700 in trade for it so I had to jump on that.....ill be back to the mazda3 side of the forum (will be my 4th mazda3).

Congrats on that killer trade-in value. I imagine thats with putting the stock springs back on it. Those 3's do look nice, I was certainly thinking about that vs the 2, but since the 2 passed the baby-seat test, I was all for the cheaper/smaller choice (especially with the 0 percent financing deal). Hopefully the 3 will give you that "manliness" you've been looking for.

They made a deal from photos I took (dealer is 2 hours away)...so I was too lazy to change the springs but I put the OE springs in the HR box in the trunk lol. Paperworks already drawn up so they'll have to get a big dose of get over it teehee.

Its a 2010 celestial blue hatchback 6speed GT with 38k miles.....every option (even the useless nav). Added about 20 bucks to my current payment but it was the neg trade in that caused that...otherwise would have been cheaper. Has really awesome rims already on it. Going to go get it in 2 hours.

Ya blame me?
IMG_20121211_110111.jpg

;-)

Nice man, glad you got the hatchback and nice color too. Might have to pull your motor though lol.

? Why would I have to pull the motor, is the 1st gen 2.5l not good? (ive had owned 6 mazda's with the 2.3, but this is the 1st 2.5)

I think thats the same drivetrain as in my wife's '12 Mazda5 6MT. I like it alot. The car looks great....awfully big though! Nice wheels.

No, I meant that I would like it for my 2. But I'm not sure if it would be adaptable. (shrug)

They put a 2.3L (or was it the 2.5L) turbo from a mazdaspeed3 in a 2 not too long ago...so im sure its "adaptable" if by adaptable...you mean have lots of people and lots of money to make it happen ;-)

thanks guys....

2 was nice...I know I will miss many things about it....mainly its weight....and no one could brake stomp me and win. ;-)

I know that when I autox'd the 2 then autox'd a mazdaspeed3 the 3 felt like a giant pig when the course got narrow and twisty....I'll just have to get used to being a pig again (but a new wrx felt even more piggish...then again....on one lap I gained 9psi on one of the front tires so I was kinda having too much fun with it).

Hey Jon, you're more than welcome to pop in whenever you want! We 2 owners don't have THAT much of a grudge against you.... ;)

My 2 didnt look as awesome as yours so i had to give up :p.....still love the 2.....but didnt want to invest the $$$$ it needed to make it win in autocross....plus im a total tech geek,....and slowly i was itching for more technology

In the near future I may be seeing what kind of trade in value I could get for the 2 at the Toyota dealer I work for. I'm torn, on one side is the 2 and a bike, and the other is an FR-S. Sadly some of the romance for motorcycling has worn off but I know if I trade in the 2 and sell my bike, and despite enjoying the FR-S, the first time I have a bike buzz passed me, I'm going to regret my decision.

I owed $9500 on my 11 Sport 5 spd, got $9K and 0% for 72 on my 2012 Beetle. No regrets, car is just as much fun to throw into corners, get about 3 mpg less than the 2, helluva lot quicker, many more comfort features, and huge style points.

Back