Goodbye, Y'all - It's Been Real!

EconoBox

:
2012 Mazda Mazda2 Touring MT
So, the 2 is gone. No one wants the 2, not even the Mazda dealers. One dealership gave me $8000.00 and another said $7500.00. Wouldn't have minded a 2013 in Clearwater Blue. Ford gave me $10000, but I didn't like the Fiesta as much as I did when I first drove it. When they're selling 2013s for 2K off MSRP, and 2012s for 3K off MSRP, it messes us up. Traded it in for a 2013 Fiat 500 Pop model. Fiat dealer gave me $12,500.00 and discounted the 500 nicely. It's nowhere as fun to drive, but I love the way the car looks. It's very cheeky and high on style. And I have Bluetooth! Which is massive.

It's been fun. Maybe I will see you guys again (when Mazda smartens up and gives up a second generation 2 that isn't so poorly equipped and left to die).

I'm glad you like the Fiat. I think about trading the 2 for something better equipped and faster, but i don't think i could bring myself to do it. Feel free to stick around and hang out here whenever you want, Mazda or no Mazda.

I second that! And, good choice. I have a soft spot for 500s. Definitely dig them - and always got my eyes on the Abarth 500. That thing sounds like a badger!!!

So, the 2 is gone and you are too! An early Christmas present!

Kind of ironic someone worried about dealer network support and model longevity in the U.S. went with a Fiat...

Cya, have fun with the Fiat. I suspect more and more owners will start dropping the 2. I almost traded mine in on a Fiat 500 Turbo.It was a very nice car.

Kind of ironic someone worried about dealer network support and model longevity in the U.S. went with a Fiat...

Fiat is way better in quality over all than it used to be. Plus i see a lot of Fiat 500's in South Florida. Way more than the Mazda 2. So I don't expect Fiat to go anywhere any time soon. The Fiat 500 is popular just like the Mini is because of one important factor in my opinion. The premium options. Which the Mazda 2 does not have in the US. If Mazda offered all the premium options that it does in other counties then maybe more people would consider a Mazda 2.

I doubt its the options sheet holding back 2 sales in south florida. I'm pretty sure its the fact that most people think japanese cars are poor status symbols. Ever notice how many BMW's are on the road down there and who is driving them? South floridians will live in poverty so they can make that payment for their escalade or bmw.

FWIW I do think the little italian has a sort of "cool" factor the 2 doesn't have. But we know the 2 is the driver's car, and thats all that matters to me. Personally, styling is not high on my list of important car attributes because when I'm driving and enjoying the car, I can't see its exterior.

I doubt its the options sheet holding back 2 sales in south florida. I'm pretty sure its the fact that most people think japanese cars are poor status symbols. Ever notice how many BMW's are on the road down there and who is driving them? South floridians will live in poverty so they can make that payment for their escalade or bmw.

FWIW I do think the little italian has a sort of "cool" factor the 2 doesn't have. But we know the 2 is the driver's car, and thats all that matters to me. Personally, styling is not high on my list of important car attributes because when I'm driving and enjoying the car, I can't see its exterior.

Agreed on the status symbol thing being one of the factors. Every one wants BWM or Merc. Everyone gets the same car. I also agreed on the 500 having a Italian cool thing going for it. I do not however agree on your styling comment. haha :)

I do not however agree on your styling comment. haha :)

Of course not, otherwise there wouldn't be nearly as many great and unique looking 2's on the road ;). Don't get me wrong, I do love car styling in general...I just usually can't afford to have all of the above and that is the sacrifice I choose to make.

yeah resell of the 2 is bad.... KB is like 9grand high and 7grand low...and i really want to trade mine in for a manual.

Of course not, otherwise there wouldn't be nearly as many great and unique looking 2's on the road ;). Don't get me wrong, I do love car styling in general...I just usually can't afford to have all of the above and that is the sacrifice I choose to make.

Definitely understand that. I however, can not control my urges, unfortunately. ;)

I'll be rid of the 2 tomorrow...but i'm getting 11,700 in trade for it so I had to jump on that.....ill be back to the mazda3 side of the forum (will be my 4th mazda3).

If everyone isn't liking them and trading them away, why isn't my area flooded with pre-owned 2's? Where are they going?

I've seen a s***-ton of them all of the sudden here in Portland. For a while I would go at least a week without seeing a single one. Now I see at least two to three every day. Just earlier this afternoon I was at an intersection with a white one in front of me and a blue one behind me in the other lane. Can't be too many people changing their minds ^_^

I've seen a s***-ton of them all of the sudden here in Portland. For a while I would go at least a week without seeing a single one. Now I see at least two to three every day. Just earlier this afternoon I was at an intersection with a white one in front of me and a blue one behind me in the other lane. Can't be too many people changing their minds ^_^

Same thing happened to me...went from seeing >1 a month to seeing 1-3 a day (scratch) Maybe its because of all of the incentives?

I'll be rid of the 2 tomorrow...but i'm getting 11,700 in trade for it so I had to jump on that.....ill be back to the mazda3 side of the forum (will be my 4th mazda3).

You should wait for the new Mazda 3 (2thumbs)

Reguardless of what you get, $11.7k trade in for your 2 is pretty awesome.

Back