Good Bye CX-5

I love Mazdas. I mean 50% of the vehicles I've owned (and currently own) were Mazdas. But the current gen CX-5 (owned a 2013 model) is a bit of a buzzy vehicle whether you want to admit it or not. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great vehicle but it's not perfect. Even Mazda knows the complaints about the current model, which is why they specifically called out the improvements to NVH and road noise in the upcoming model. I personally would never own a Jeep as I know the reliability issues and they don't appeal to me personally (which is why we buy the vehicles we buy), but can't argue against the fact that compared to the CX-5 it is a much nicer vehicle. It's also more expensive and aimed at a different market segment, but that's besides the point. Congrats on finding a vehicle that you really like and hopefully will truly enjoy for the entire time you own it.

Well there are some things that Jeep does that CX5 cannot.
Tackle more offroad conditions
Tow something heavier than 1500 pounds
Highway stability - drive CX5 in OK winds and you will see what I mean.

Overall cost is most important factor for some people - well they start believing the whole world is like that but in reality its a mix bag. If your dad had a Jeep and swore by it you would be always intrigued - Granted I would never even buy a tumbler made by any FCA plant but there are tons of people who will.

Another thing is Grand Jeep Cherokee has very few competitors - so if you want to offroad, in comfort, be able to tow - JGC is good for you.

Base prices for these vehicles come out to be a $10,000 difference. Why are we comparing them? Of course the more expensive car is going to be better in most ways. But $10,000 better? That's up for the buyer to judge.

Base prices for these vehicles come out to be a $10,000 difference. Why are we comparing them? Of course the more expensive car is going to be better in most ways. But $10,000 better? That's up for the buyer to judge.

We are comparing them because OP traded his CX-5 for one, which means OP compared them, and could afford either. Others likely fit the bill, too, although you are right, they ARE "different vehicles", but then, so is a Camaro SS and a Corvette...but they turn identical performance numbers, nearly...so odd things sometimes DO get compared.

Exactly!

Latest posts

Back