GI/FS: Carbon Fiber Window Deflectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well it depends on price. The weathertechs can be had for about $120 shipped. And the only reason to get fiberglass is if you plan on painting it. But you could also paint the weathertechs.

Well it depends on price. The weathertechs can be had for about $120 shipped. And the only reason to get fiberglass is if you plan on painting it. But you could also paint the weathertechs.

It depends on price, because I would be using NightShades on the WeatherTech's anyways.. So painting the fiberglass graphite/black wouldn't be a big deal.

*Edit, although I would rather have transparent visors....

Last edited:
I also think the weathertechs would be less prone to damage from cracking. Installing them takes a lot of bending and flexing. That's why I'm doubting fiberglass or cf visors can be made to be in channel.

I also think the weathertechs would be less prone to damage from cracking. Installing them takes a lot of bending and flexing. That's why I'm doubting fiberglass or cf visors can be made to be in channel.

I have a MSP and just removed mine to ship off to Isports and I had No such trouble removing them.. No twisting or Bending as u say...Just have ALL the Windows all the way down. For the front angle it down w/ the mirror end in the window channel and align the rear and slide up..Done. Rears r pretty much the Same..they just have to be at a Steep angle...

Removing and installing are two different animals. Even the install instructions say to bend them. Yes you instal from the front first but have to bow the rest of it to fit in. Or maybe it was just me. I'm sure iSport will know for sure if they can be in channel visors or not.

Someone is going to need to ship iSport p5 rear visors cuz they are different from the sedan ones

Last edited:
Removing and installing are two different animals. Even the install instructions say to bend them. Yes you instal from the front first but have to bow the rest of it to fit in. Or maybe it was just me. I'm sure iSport will know for sure if they can be in channel visors or not.

Someone is going to need to ship iSport p5 rear visors cuz they are different from the sedan ones

He sent them both.

I Have a set of Protege5 REARS and shipped them along with the Sedan ones i have. Thanks

Nope, it's not just you, the instructions do say to install the front, then rear, and it will bow out and you have to push it into place. I had to do the same thing on my mom's 09 ranger

Nope, it's not just you, the instructions do say to install the front, then rear, and it will bow out and you have to push it into place. I had to do the same thing on my mom's 09 ranger

well you gotta remember, iSports not going to sell anything if its going to break. he'll test before sales start.

Update

We will be receiving the originals from Mazdaspeed 41 on Friday. Everyone can check previous talk on this thread if concerned about what they would be getting. Since we have shown good faith in developing several items for the Mazda community (i.e. Rear Diffuser, P5 spoiler extension, Sedan roof spoiler, Roof caps for the Sedan and P5 w/sunroof and the ADP), with a minimum number of purchases, Bryan and I have made the following business decision. We will not be starting or continuing with a new project without a50% purchase deposit from at least six customers. Our policy will be to hold the deposits until we receive the six before we start, or continue any work on the project. If the six do not come in within a 30 day timeframe, we will refund the deposits and abandon the project. We sincerely hope that the discussed interest on the various threads are real and that our efforts can be turned into purchases. Thanks, Bob and Bryan

Status

We just received the WeatherTech window deflectors. They arrived in good condition (no breaks), and we could start the mold making process at anytime. We have concluded that our CF copies of these will be no harder to install than the originals. As stated in the previous post, we will now wait for six deposits (we already have one) before we continue on. Please PM us if you have any personal requests. Thanks, Bob

Now lets get some deposits goin! these things will be sick on any msp or mp5, & you heard the boss, they will be no different than the original weatherTech's to install. So, it has been verified. They are in channel as everyone preferred. So lets get some more interest goin and some deposits to get production rolling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back