GHL Motorsports True Turboback Pictures

Mallard said:
Yea, I'd assume that the steelies are quite a bit lighter then stock wheels and the dyno should be higher. My point is that something is screwy with his dyno's. Too many variables to actually be taken as legitimate figures.
Yea I agree.

Actually the first dyno run was not with the stock Racing Harts, but with the 17" Sokudo 10s I got from Rishie. You can see them here:

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59974&highlight=sokudos

Mallard said:
My point is that something is screwy with his dyno's. Too many variables to actually be taken as legitimate figures.

I agree that there are too many variables with my dyno numbers making a direct comparison near impossible. I think I've fixed my Greddy Type-S BOV, which I was told was leaking alil bit. I am gonna give it another go when it gets warmer, and hit the dyno w/o my snow tires.

Also, I need a boost gauge. Although I've never upped the boost, it would be nice to know what I'm pushing exactly. I've had the car for a year and haven't gotten one yet. But this is what happens when you're broke and saving up for Defi's hehe. Oh well, soon.

P.S. I take small solace that with similar mods (FMIC, intake, and Full-turbo-back exhaust) my car dyno'd pretty close to Turbo magazines ION MSP. And I didn't spend anywhere near that amount of money :D !
And that is in no way a bash on ION, I like their products...I just couldn't afford them.

You don't necessarily need a boost gauge to know how much boost you are running. The dyno I went to had a pressure transducer that was placed on the car and you'll be able to see boost vs. rpm. When you go back to your dyno see if they have one.

After installing my GHL Trubo back, I have a hissing sound coming from the front of the car when I tap the gas pedal. Is that normal, or do I have a leak in there?

Yeah definitely a leak, just make sure you twist the pipes when sliding them into one another to help get it all the way in.

Ok I have a video clip of this exhaust. Its alil less than 10 mb. Anybody wanna host this for the forum?

zx12ninja said:
After installing my GHL Trubo back, I have a hissing sound coming from the front of the car when I tap the gas pedal. Is that normal, or do I have a leak in there?
uhoh I have that noise too but all I have is cai I better check it out.

That sounds sweet man (cool)

Ove the blow off and your carbon fiber tail lights too~

umm...that exhaust...it sounds like SEX to my ears.

i probably wouldn't need this exhaust tho if i'm gonna keep it under 9-10psi ?

Back