Getting even worse - Infotainment restarts multiple times and is sluggish when cold

:
Mazda CX-5 2106.5
The issue has increasingly gotten worse for me as well during cold days now in New England, but could happen even during a fairly warm day from time to time. Sometimes it takes 10-15 for it to stop shutting down and refressing. I never use the navigation system, I am a Waze junkie. Can I just pull out the SD Card and leave it out or does my infotainment system require it to function?

You can pull it. I have a 2016.5 GT and if I pull the nav card the nav function defaults to a (non-working) compass. I've read several times where people have pulled the nav card to improve performance. I always use Google Maps via AA. I should be pulling my card. Ha...

Last edited:
Did you happen to notice this thread at the top of this section?

Thank you Conrad, did'nt notice teh thread. Wish I had looked at it initially. This cured my problem on my 2016 CX-5 with the infotainment system, I removed the SD card and not even bothering to reinstall it. My XM radio works fine with out the SD card. I plan on leaving the SD card out moving forward.

Thank you Conrad, did'nt notice teh thread. Wish I had looked at it initially. This cured my problem on my 2016 CX-5 with the infotainment system, I removed the SD card and not even bothering to reinstall it. My XM radio works fine with out the SD card. I plan on leaving the SD card out moving forward.

Just for the halibut you should clean the contacts on the card and try it. Even if you don't use the OEM GPS system it's still nice to have the card inserted because it gives you cross street information as your driving, it's at the top of the screen.

Cleaning might not always work.
Mine on '17 CX5 acted up once in a while. (rebooting itself, slow bootup, etc.)
I did the detox cleaning a few times as Conrad suggested). No go in my case.
Bought a new SD card from Amazon. Problem solved.
Do try cleaning first. Cheaper if it works.

Back