Get Rid of Car Alarm!!!

Maroon

:
03 mazda protege 5
For the love of God, would someone please tell me how to get rid of this useless piece of s***!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I am so ******* tired of having this car disabled because of the incompetent alarm! My fob decided to break, and now there's no way to start the car! I should not have to use the fob to disable the alarm! How ridiculous. What mouth breathing engineer thought of this?!?!?!?

I've put in a new fob battery, disconnected the car battery, I've tried locking/unlocking the doors with the key and then putting it in the ignition. Nothing satisfies this b****!

What good is the alarm anyway aside from telling your neighbors how gay your horn sounds. I don't usually use gay to describe things, but damn, if there ever could be a flamboyantly homosexual horn it would be this one.

Last edited:
There's a button on the steering column inside the car. Push it. You can't remove the alarm box either I tried when mine flipped out.

Is it the OEM Mazda dealer alarm? I was able to simply unplug mine and the car worked fine, minus the keyless entry. FWIW, mine turned out to be a weak battery that caused it to trip on its own.

What good is the alarm anyway aside from telling your neighbors how gay your horn sounds. I don't usually use gay to describe things, but damn, if there ever could be a flamboyantly homosexual horn it would be this one.

^This. This (and the fact that I soaked and wore out my horn) is why I switched to the Cadillac 4-Note horns.

Older video, but I have yet to make one now that it's gotten warmer out. Sounds a lot better! Look it up. Got mine from a junkyard for less than $15.

^This. This (and the fact that I soaked and wore out my horn) is why I switched to the Cadillac 4-Note horns.

Older video, but I have yet to make one now that it's gotten warmer out. Sounds a lot better! Look it up. Got mine from a junkyard for less than $15.

Nice, I did the same thing to mine. I got mine off ebay from a guy who refurbs them, and adds a weatherpak connector to make them easier to retrofit. Where did you mount yours? Mine are just behind the grille. Here they are in action (warning, loud):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CVxuh5aCHo

Nice, I did the same thing to mine. I got mine off ebay from a guy who refurbs them, and adds a weatherpak connector to make them easier to retrofit. Where did you mount yours? Mine are just behind the grille. Here they are in action (warning, loud):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CVxuh5aCHo

I think I actually got the idea from you. Ha I was looking on Youtube and came across that.....
Anyways, I have mine behind the grille. I had to cut mine up quite a bit though, and all I had at the time was tin snips so my tray thing on the grille was destroyed. I was hoping to mount them along the fenders and face them forward, like they were in the Park Ave I pulled them off. Probably one of my favorite functional mods.

A little bit of both? I was just giving a temp solution for the annoying sound the alarm made. :)

Any ideas on how to stop the push button from being required to start the car? Mine's been like that for over a year and its getting old having to push it in.

The push button is usually installed up under the knee bolster on the drivers side. The factory alarms are easily removed as they are just plugged inline with the ignition cylinder and a couple other places. you will however lose keyless entry.

If it is the factory alarm then it should unplug from wiring harness. It should also be seperate from the keyless entry module. Mine had keyless entry but no alarm when I bought it new. I got the factory alarm and it just plugged into wiring harness in a coupla spots and you had to ground one wire and tap the parking light wire. Low car battery will make it trip out. FOB battery going out will leave you with no way to arm or disarm alarm other than the hidden bypass button. I had to reprogram FOB after swapping battery. Added new battery and did reprogram when I made these.....

1 with panic button and 1 without panic button.......
swblade_03.JPG

If it is the factory alarm then it should unplug from wiring harness. It should also be seperate from the keyless entry module. Mine had keyless entry but no alarm when I bought it new.

Where is the factory alarm? Mine is useless. A loud car will set it off. Then it never stops going off until the battery is dead. I need to disable it. I'd really like to keep the keyless entry.

Where is the factory alarm? Mine is useless. A loud car will set it off. Then it never stops going off until the battery is dead. I need to disable it. I'd really like to keep the keyless entry.
All up under the steering column behind the panel. there could be 2 boxes if it has the vibration module.

Back