Gauge installation on MS6

RogerHewson

:
06 Mazdaspeed 6
I am planning on purchasing the Autoexe gauge pod for the 6. I had a couple questions. I have installed VDO gauges on several VW's that I have owned. The VDO senders are basically the factory senders on the earlier watercooled VW's and there are lots of available places for sending unit installation. If I wanted to do a oil temp, pressure and boost gauge where would I hook up the sending units? What units would I use? Does anyone know if the VDO sending units are compatible? I understand the boost gauge goes to a line with positive pressure. I am just wondering about where to stick oil sending units? does it require some kind of adapters? I would assume the VDO stuff would thread in, just where would I put it?

Roger

You need to install a spin on oil filter housing, and then a sandwich plate for oil pressure and temperature. You might also be able to tee off of the current oil sending plug, which comes out of the top of the housing for the oil filter, and not need to change to the spin on filter (but, really, you should make that change). I got a new hose from the small line on the BPV and put the boost gauge tee into that, works perfectly.

Back