FYI Rear Shock Mounts 2013 Mazda5

:
Mazda, Mazda5 Sport 2013
Last week my 2013 Mazda5 had a terrible rattle in the rear passenger side. Turned out the shock mount sheared off. Had that repaired and had the mechanic look at the other one, which looked fine. This week that shock mount on the drivers side sheared off. If this happens to you get BOTH rear shock mounts replaced and save yourself some aggravation.

Anyone else have this issue with Mazda5?

Last week my 2013 Mazda5 had a terrible rattle in the rear passenger side. Turned out the shock mount sheared off. Had that repaired and had the mechanic look at the other one, which looked fine. This week that shock mount on the drivers side sheared off. If this happens to you get BOTH rear shock mounts replaced and save yourself some aggravation.

Anyone else have this issue with Mazda5?

Same exact thing happened to me, 1 week later the other sheared off. You can’t eyeball this part.

do you live in salt country? we had a couple break too on our 2010, likely due to corrosion. then found steel ones that should hold up better than the aluminum ones. so far, so good. for whatever reason, after replacement, the rear is not as quiet as it used to be as there are still some stray rattles despite having had it dbl checked for tight hardware.

While looking for front strut assemblies at my usual online parts store in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada I found the Dorman 924-412HP cast steel rear struts mounts for Cdn$46.86 each. They appear to be painted or coated a black colour. For reference, the same site carries Dorman 924-412 aluminum rear strut mounts for Cdn$18.98 each. Hope this is helpful.

Back