Fuel Tank Size?

offset_98

Anyone know the true size of our fuel tanks? I was running around all day and just didn't have time to fuel up with the errends I had to run and the baby in the car. When I finally did, I fueled up 18.451 gallons...more than what our tanks (18.3 gallons) are supposed to hold. The hand was just barely under "E" but I thought I've seen it further below "E" before.

Anyway...discuss...

tank may be 18.3; remember there's a bit of pipe running from the fender to the tank.

Sounds like you were running on fumes.

manual says 69L or 18.2 gallons I usually fill mine up with about 14 gallons cause I have ran out of gas before in my old car so I usually try and stop for gas when I get around a 1/4 tank just to be safe. how many miles did you go on that 18 gallons?
I swear that I have also read somewhere that we had a 19 gallon tank.

I got about 362 miles on that tank. Came to roughly 19.xxx mpg. I know if my wife had been driving she'd have done better. I can't get 20 but she manages 22 mpg fill up after fill up after fill up. She tells me that she just doesn't "use the turbo" because she doesn't need it.

I get an average of 19 also but I usually only go about 250 miles I usually fill around 1/4 tank. its hard to drive without the turbo it kicks in around 2500 and thats no fun either. prolly around april or may I'm gonna head to the local track with soem of my ricer friends to see what it can do just for fun, I read in road and track that it does a 15.5 which is faster then my old civic SI which did a 16.0

Yeah, the last Moter Trend...or Car & Driver I read had a long term test of the CX-7 and after 30,000 miles it got faster according to their stats.

Back