2007 CX-7 hard start and won’t stay running without acceleration

saltyseaman

:
Mazda cx7 2007
I have a 07 CX seven 130,000 miles. Getting code P2177 and P0300. The engine will not stay running unless you hold your foot on the gas up to about 2000 RPMs. As soon as you let it off the vehicle will die every time. This all started after I did a sea foam intake cleaning. And an EGR valve/tube cleaning. The vehicle is notorious for carbon buildup I’ve never had an issue after cleaning it like this. I’m assuming all of the carbon or something that was exiting the engine may have clogged the O2 sensor . My wife likes to run the gas tank completely empty every single time as well so it could be fuel pump related. I’m at a loss. If anyone can help me and point me in the right direction this would be greatly appreciated

You might want to check the EGR and all of the tubes you worked with, to see if any of them are partially blocked.

I should have stated it was doing this before the egr clean. It’s really what prompted me to do it again. Ive done it a few times on this car as my wife only uses 87 because she’s cheap lol.

Back