Fuel Pump Recall coming to some newer models

This fuel pump issue is affect lots of brands that used this fuel pump. Something like 2M vehicles
I just saw the Toyota recall. You are right.
Just the Toyota models (years back from 2014 to 2019) its more than 2.5 milion cars.

"this Safety Recall was first announced on January 13, 2020, there were approximately 564,300 vehicles covered."
"December 18, 2020, this Safety Recall was amended to cover a total of approximately 2,768,500 vehicles"

Hoping we wont see the Mazda part available next year on New Year :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. Looks like I'm not affected. Was kind of hoping for a free pump replacement at 40K plus miles, plus the inspections, since I don't go to the dealer for other stuff.

Thanks for the link. Looks like I'm not affected. Was kind of hoping for a free pump replacement at 40K plus miles, plus the inspections, since I don't go to the dealer for other stuff.

If your CX-5 is NOT within range, lucky you. But looks like most 2018 CX-5 are affected.

CX-5 Recall Fuel Pump.JPG

So “VQ35DE” is the code name for Nissan’s 3.5L engine? Learned something everyday!
I really like Nissan's engine code system.
V=Variable valve timing
Q=Engine family
35=3.5L displacement
D=Dual overhead cam (I think I'm remembering that right.)
E=Multipoint fuel injection.

T=Turbo
TT=Twin turbo
Etc.

I think I bought mine before April 2018, so obviously it was produced even earlier.

Thought over . . . wouldn't it be nice to get a brand new fuel pump at no cost after so many years and mileage? Many fuel pump do fail after 150k to 200k miles. My fuel pump failed after about 150,000 miles in middle of nowhere . . . at Smokey Mountain NP, no cell phone service, had to have wife to hitch a ride to a payphone located at Park Office.

who knows... may be lack of parts and the cost issue associated with it. 250k cars just in US x say 50$ per pump is more than 12 million. Mazda is the smallest of all the car manufacturers.

Back