Fuel Induction Service?

etc3

:
2007 CX-9
Hi all, hoping someone can help ... went to dealer today for an oil change and they told me that I am up for a "Fuel Induction Service" price of 139.99. I have an '07 CX-9 with 57K miles. Necessary? Not finding much by way of a google search and I don't see anything in the manual. TIA!

First and most importantly, fuel cleaning service is not on Mazda's maintenance schedule.
These are things that dealers "believe" you should spend $$$ to do.
Of course, we should not spend money on whatever dealers say. We do whatever Mazda says
for the sake of warranty. Now that if your CX9 is out of warranty, you do whatever you see fit.

Unless you detect issues in fuel system, I don't think service like this is necessary at all.

For me, I dump a bottle of Gas Treatment ($1 each) on every other tank into the gas tank.
That should take care of it (the fuel system) and keep it clean.

If you want to do this service wait for them to have a coupon on the mazda website. That is what i did. The dealer wanted to charge me 150 for induction and pressurized fuel injection cleaning service. One month later they had a coupon for the same service for 60 bucks so i had it done then. Always check their webpage to see if they have coupons for any service that you might want to do.

ceric & kornholio - thanks! I appreciate the info. I figured it was just something that they wanted to sell me when I couldn't find it in the manual. Appreciate the gas treatment and coupon suggestions also - will look into both of those. Appreciate the help, guys. Thanks!

etc3,

BTW, I just visited Walmart for tire rotation (gee, for $10 I don't want to do it myself.).
I saw they have "fuel injection cleaning service" for $20. Go figure. Any difference? I don't know.

Ceric

There is no difference. The mazda dealers do not use genuine mazda products when it comes to flushing or cleaning. They use an aftermarket system called justice brothers products. These are used for tranny, coolant, fuel and brake flushing. The walmart is probably just as good if not better.

+1 somehow I am not surprised.
If dealers dare to ask for $80 to replace "cabin air filter" (which is about <$20 part, plus 1 minute of labor),
I am betting on they will overcharge you on any services that are not so common.

don't waste your money! just do like ceric said above, just get a bottle of Chemtool or some other fuel system cleaner every 6 months or a year and dump it in.

next time they try to sell you services like that, ask them to show you in the owner's manual where it says that should be done.

Back