Fuel-cut is driving me insane! HALP!

I think every car might be differnt but i hit 8.5psi and its in the low 40s and no fuel cut i think its the backpressure in my exhuast that saves me i could see if you have larger exhaust system less back pressure that your going to spike your maf and hit fuel cut. Does that make sense?

You shouldn't hit fuel cut if you have ssafc. It's also a fcd. I run 12-14 all winter no problems in Chicago.

I often wounder if its dependant on what tune or flash your on from the dealer that decides where boost/fuel cut is at.

lol i mean like really cold though. And sometimes if its just a bit cold it wont happen it just pulls like a mofo. Lol i cant explain these cars they got a mind of there own...

If its colder than 40 degrees here then I will get fuel cut. What is your altitude? that could have something to do with it.

We're only like +500ft on average around Knoxville, and it's been warm enough he shouldn't be htting fuel cut, unless he's out driving at night.

I have no answer for you, Chris. Check the SSAFC wiring for the MAF?

I haven't hooked up my AFC to my laptop in a while but don't you have to set the MAF voltage values? I have only hit fuel cut once with the AFC and it was actually just last week.

I haven't hooked up my AFC to my laptop in a while but don't you have to set the MAF voltage values? I have only hit fuel cut once with the AFC and it was actually just last week.
I'd love to be able to connect mine to my laptop, but no worky...

You probably just need drivers for the serial to usb, that has been my problem connecting AFC/EMS to laptops 90% of the time.

You probably just need drivers for the serial to usb, that has been my problem connecting AFC/EMS to laptops 90% of the time.
Yeah, then I downloaded them, and still no communication...

serial to usb is one of the more tricky connections. Its better to just simply have the serial/com port on the pc itself. We have all kinds of trouble with them at work. "I.T." guys hate them.

Check device manager for the USB to serial "COM" port. There are only four.
Ex. COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4.

In the SSAFC u have to choose the correct COM port. Hope this solves the issue if you haven't already figured it out.

Have an SSAFC had bad fuel cut yesterday. Hornsfan, you able to help me run the computer while I run the car? I know you know how to do it now.

Check device manager for the USB to serial "COM" port. There are only four.
Ex. COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4.

In the SSAFC u have to choose the correct COM port. Hope this solves the issue if you haven't already figured it out.
That's what the problem was. The USB to Serial adapter was on Com16/17, so I had to go in and change it to Com2 which was the only one open with the 8 the R4 software allows.

Now that I've got that straightened out- I went through the table and start making .1 changes throughout the MAP. I lowered basically every single valve by .1 across the entire board to start. Is this an acceptable way to do it? I looked at my recorded data and it showed pressures (green) up to 20.2! That's not my actual boost is it?! There's no way...

Eww faulty MAP sensor? would explain the fuel cut.
Well, everything wasn't set up correctly when I recorded that data. I've since changed it, but have yet to do a road test. That would make since though.

I hope that's not the case, but that was the first thing that popped in my head while I was driving down the road.

You get it figured out? Saw in the other thread where you said the settings were wrong in the software...

Back