FS/T 1994 mazda rx7 fd3s black touring Philly area 12kOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

chomper149

:
#1417 Titanium MSP
Hey guys i have my 1994 mazda rx7 black touring for sale. Tan leather, bose subwoofer, cruise control, Super RARE glass moonroof
Car currently has 120XXX miles and since im leaving for school soon, it should stay around there. I am selling it since i pay for a car that i drive only a few months, mostly the summer, out of the yr. Im currently in Pharmacy school in philly and id like a car i could drive down there also. The FD is garaged at home near King of Prussia/ Valley Forge and i have barely put 3k miles on the car.

Car has a Peter Farrell Supercars rebuilt engine, installed around 90k. So the new engine has about 30k on it.
As an aftermarket air separation tank, a must for any fd.
Has a replaced radiator at some point, Its one of the stack of receipts i have from the previous owners. Stack is quite large, even includes original window sticker from 1994!!!
Otherwise car has been regularly maintained and in the time of my ownership, ~3yrs, I havnt had any major hiccups. The car has never failed to start up or be temperamental. And as long as it is routinely maintenanced and properly cared for, i dont see why it wont continue to run strong, and boost fine.
Car is otherwise 99% stock, although PFS did an excellent job redoing the rats nest with better vac hoses/ increase reliability of the twin turbo system. Car may have replaced parts along the way, but otherwise it is stock, nothing of major change.

Obviously with age the car, 18 yrs old, the car has some issues, mostly cosmetic, as the car still runs strong
Paint shows its age, rock chips in front bumper, sunspots in a couple areas, and minor dings.
Interior is overall fine, drivers seat leather is ripped/ worn but the foam underneath is 100%
Din space in dash is there from aftermarket head unit. Otherwise its a perfect spot to mount 3 gauges with a din holder. Or put stuff there while driving.
only 1 speaker in the car works, passenger door. Havnt bothered to change this as i bought the car to drive, not to listen to music. Mostly cruise with the radio off anyways to hear the car :)
Tachometer works intermittently, im 90% sure its a dirty ground, but havnt had time recently to go look. But while driving it always works/ stops, works. been driving off of feeling recently
gas gauge warning light doesnt work, but needle is 100% accurate, you can easily gauge how much gas is left from the needle.
Slight slow flowing oil leak from oil pan/ front cover. This is NOT a pressurized leak. It flows very slow and it never changes the oil pressure of the car. doesnt affect drive ability/ doesnt require a rebuild
Passenger door handle is finicky, doesnt appear broken, but doesnt open the door, havnt opened it to check though
Antenna doesnt retract
TPS is slightly off, giving gas at low rpms, under 1.5k will cause a buck or too, otherwise car runs fine.
Has common FD 5th gear synchro grind, only grinds when you force it in without letting the rpms drop a little.
3 very minor rust spots, rear wheel well of driver side. Otherwise no rust anywhere else on the chasis!

That is literally everything i can think of that is wrong with the car and many of it is expected of an 18+ yr old car. Otherwise the car runs extremely strong! handles well on the stock suspension, and always turns heads. I daily drive the car when im around and it has never not started up, or left me stranded, or anything. This FD has proved to be even more reliable than my familys other cars, passat, quest, yada yada.
Again most of the problems with this car, are cosmetic rather than mechanical. Car runs strong, boosts perfectly, and the transmission shifts correctly other than the 5th gear listed above. Remember it has a PFS rebuild!

Im looking for 12,000 OBO. This is an extremely rare car, and finding a stock unmolested car is even rarer. And this has the RARE 94 GLASS moonroof (7club raves over them). This is one of i believe 156 made that yr and this color. This is the perfect time to pick up a base for a track car, restoration, or street beast. The perfect thing about a stock car is you know it hasnt been messed with. IF you want to start modding it, you can insure your doing it correct, doing it your way. You dont need to worry about people cutting corners before you modding and hacking the entire car to pieces. This is a pristine car that is 99% stock. Perfect for anything you can think of. A clean slate to do what you want to! Before picking out this FD i came across soo many with mods i didnt want. You have 100% choice with this car.
I regret selling the fd, and its not even gone yet! Otherwise, if it wasnt for financial reasons, i wouldnt sell this car, ever. I am paying insurance and maintance on a car that I rarely drive, and would never consider parking in philly. I love this car too much, and would rather not let it go, but the time has come.
Also comes with a stock Mazda JDM downpipe, has stock spoiler, currently holes covered in electrical tape, and few other minor goods.

12k OBO but i can assure you, i wont take any lowballs. Also highly considering trades for MS proteges+ cash and Mazdaspeed6. Will consider a MS3. Not really interested in rx8s, but you never know.
Once i sell this, i am most likely looking for a MSP so if anyone wants to trade, id def consider that first.

Here are some pics, didnt wash it before the pics with the mazda247 paper in it, just gave it a rinse/ has water marks, but the rest in my photobucket album were after a wash.
Photobucket link: http://s1052.photobucket.com/albums/s455/chomper149/rx7/
IMG_20120818_153753.jpg

IMG_20120818_153732.jpg

IMG_20120818_153714.jpg

Shoot me any offers, questions, whatever!

thanks outlaw. Any other offers? Seen some great MSPs but i need to have it be able to pass inspection. Shoot me some offers guys!

no one wants an fd rx7 on a mazda club? Ive seen a few nice MSPs but havnt been able to finalize any deals.
Shoot me offers, $ offer, MSP, ms3, ms6
shoot me something! thanks

i'll trade you, hands down, a MP3 with a built engine, FMIC, runs strong.
full 3" turbo back exhaust, AFC.
hell, if you think that car would make it down to florida i'm willing to drive mine there!

ya im a little shocked, id be all over it but my MSP is no way going to be legal in PA.

you would need to change so many things.

you are looking for a 10 year old car that will pass inspection.

nope, it ain't gonna happen.

you are also looking for a built car that will pass inspections....

my car passes inspection every year, pretty sure 1994 is a little older than 2003.
And built doesnt need to mean everything has been change, just needs stronger engine components than the stock rods and pistons. (wonder how thats going to make it fail inspection)
but let me know guys!

all you need to fix is the speedo gear and that's it ;)
i has high flow cat that i can throw in for ya

or just move to Fl and **** emissions

haha im still really tempted by your mp3
only problem i figure, is if we do add the solenoids to get the CEL to turn off, the OBD2 system could still see it as there but unfunctional/ not responding to input and could end up not passing inspection. Hence im looking for a MSP first, but trust me, i still think about yours all the time.

the sensor is in regards to the VICS, which the ECU won't know if it works or not...it doens't care.

the problem would be the speedo cuz that one definately is not working and there is no way to fool it :/

In all honesty $12k for the car in its current condition is high. As it stands the car should easily sell for $8k.

Reasons: The TPS, tachometer, and fuel leak are big items that need to be fixed for the given asking price. TPS could be as easy as adjusting it or as expensive as replacing the unit, the tachometer could be as simple as a bad ground (as you mentioned) or it could be a bad trailing coil pack, which is more expensive to repair. The other items like interior rips, broken speakers, and nonfunctioning door handles aren't are smaller issues but still should also be fixed to increase the sale price. Someone looking to build a track car won't care about these but they also don't want to spend $12k on something they're essentially going to destroy. Alternatively, someone looking to spend $12k on a nice street car is going to want one in better condition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back