FS: MSP's KENWOOD KDC-MP919

Hello everyone, selling the stock MSP's head unit since I got my eyes on a typical JVC one. I have the remote control as well which it works perfect with new battery just installed. Just for record I have replaced the ribbon that makes the screen to not work so it should be good for another couple of years before it goes bad again.

Ask any question here so others can read the respond instead of asking the same over and over.

Price: 110$ shipped to 48 states (US only)

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

P.S pics were taken few days ago since someone was interested but haven't heard back from so here it is for anyone else interested.

Last edited:
DAMN!!! I wish I would have come across this earlier. My CD player just crapped out on me and the screen doesn't light up or move anymore. and none of the buttons do anything. Hell, even the reset button stopped working on it.

I have the stock MSP Kenwood radio. I took it out because the face quit working, it was before i knew about this forum. If anyone is interested in it for a cheap price all you woulld have to do is the ribbon replace

i have no idea, I just no from what i've read that the ribbon is my problem. it started intermittently w/the face display going out, then not working. If i removed the face plate it would close up like it should. I've seen a thread on the ribbon replacement. I might just try and order the ribbon and then look at putting it back in. I have a cheap JVC headunit now

Check the how to thread section, its somewhere in there on the procedure but the hardest thing will be finding the ribbon, I had to order through customer service from bestbuy at the time but good luck bc it is a rare item.

Msp kdc-mp919

I have for sale a KDC MP919 in perfect condition and the ribbon has already been pro fixed. Along with the radio I also have the ipod connector (kca-ip500), sirus tuner (ktc-sr902), and remote. If interested shoot me a message. I will check daily. I can ship, but you will have to add that into price. Came out of a 2003.5

I have for sale a KDC MP919 in perfect condition and the ribbon has already been pro fixed. Along with the radio I also have the ipod connector (kca-ip500), sirus tuner (ktc-sr902), and remote. If interested shoot me a message. I will check daily. I can ship, but you will have to add that into price. Came out of a 2003.5

so why dont you post your own for sale thread instead of posting on some one elses

I have been reading these forums for a long time, but as you can see I am a newb. I'll post my own thread, but I saw where a couple where asking about it after it sold, so I thought I would through it on this thread.

it's just showing a lil respect to whoever posted that thread to keep your sales out of their threads. post separate "for sale" threads instead of what is called "threadjacking" another "for sale" thread for your intent to sale or inform about your sale, that way you have your own line of traffic viewing your own thread about your sale without others jumping in trying to sale their stuff too. (if that made any sense)

I would like to help on the matter of fix'ing the ribbon but I don't have the radio anymore to open it up and take pic's so .... open it up take pics and I'll guide you (back you up) but first find the ribbon.

Well, since this sale is finalized, mods you could move it to archive or close it ??

it's just showing a lil respect to whoever posted that thread to keep your sales out of their threads. post separate "for sale" threads instead of what is called "threadjacking" another "for sale" thread for your intent to sale or inform about your sale, that way you have your own line of traffic viewing your own thread about your sale without others jumping in trying to sale their stuff too. (if that made any sense)

Yea it made sense. thanks for the advice(cool)

Back