FS: 2003.5 Yellow MSP ***PRICE DROP**** !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedin

:
MSP 03.5
Up for sale is my 2003.5 MSP. I am the 2nd owner buying it in 2004 with 11,000 miles on it. It currently sits with 91,XXX. This car has always been taken care of with oil changes every 4,000 miles with Mobil 1 synthetic.

The interior is a 9.5 out of 10. The only issue is a small tear in the seat from getting in and out on the drivers seat. There are Autometer pro-comp gauges (boost/oil pressure) mounted under the radio, Ignited push start and the back seats have probably been sat in less then 10 times since I've owned it.

The exterior is about a 7.5 out of 10 due to the normal chips and dings and a small dent in the rear passenger side quarter panel from my gate swinging open and hitting it on a windy day. I also removed the wing with the intentions of welding the holes shut but have not had time to do it and have it repainted so they are plugged with bondo, primed and painted with a rattle can to stop leaking into the trunk. I have just replaced the windshield and the tires only have less then 1,000 miles on them. 12K HID kit.

The engine has a front mount intercooler with 2.50" hard pipe, Greddy type RS BOV and relocated MAF. Just replaced head, related gaskets, head bolts, T-stat, belts, battery, radiator, and probably much more stuff. Exhaust is 2.50" straight pipe (catless) to the factory Racing Beat muffler. I have NEVER installed a boost controller.

The known issue:I am burning oil. I am almost positive the piston rings are failing from the results if a recent compression test. I just don't have the time, money or resources to work on this anymore. More pics can be taken/sent upon request.

----------$2,500 OBO---------

Car2.jpgCar 1.jpgCar 3.jpg

Last edited:
Any other issues with it? Compression tested engine yet? Rebuilt?
I might be interested in Picking this up for the shell. Do you have the spoiler still by chance?

I do not have the spoiler and I can do a compression test today. I have had issues finding a compression tester for an over-head cam (the ones available locally have a rubber hose instead of hard pipe to screw into the spark plug hole). I would be willing to work with you on the spoiler by finding one and buying it and have it shipped to you or knock the price down. And NO other issues. Trans is good, clear and clean title. Interior is almost perfect.

Last edited:
I'd definitely like to know what the compression is for each cylinder when you get the chance as I'm extremely interested mainly for the shell and trani. In the picture with the manifold I see a crack that looks welded? Or just cracked. Stock LSD? Clutch? Engine mounts?

I will check compression tomorrow. Everything is still stock except intake and exhaust. I have never had any trans or suspension issues. No clunking with suspension and no whining or grinding from trans. The manifold is not cracked or welded. That is just fluid (I believe oil) that dripped when it was hot. I can take pics up close to show you if you want to pm me your email addy or phone #.

Well I did compression test today. Good news is that I am now pretty positive its not my turbo. The oil leak is coming from a fitting and not the turbo itself. Bad news is that I believe my piston rings are shot. I had right around 100psi between all cylinders and I have not done any research or investigating yet but I'm sure its supposed to be around 170psi.

^^^^^^please explain. I have not had any CEL which is something that has confused me. My gauge reads 21in/hg so I don't think its a vacuum issue. Maybe just plugs, wires/coil packs, MAF???!!!!! Anyway, this is the reason why I am parting ways. It has always been good to me but I just don't have the time, money or tools and shop to continue.

I would love to have another MSP, but for a daily. I'll have to see if I can find some funding.

Lol all compression testers do read differently, but by maybe 5-10psi. Not 80. When I did my compression test, I had around 180-190 in all cylinders on a pretty fresh rebuild (30k miles)

So it def sounds like the rings are toast. Why did you replace the head btw?

Loaned car to sister in law and she over heated it. While replacing radiator decided to do timing belt and head gasket, after all was done I forgot to prime oil pump and snapped camshaft and ruined head...not a good day.

Two very big lessons learned. On top of all of it she washed her hands of any responsibility and has not offered help to repair it. :(

Last edited:
What do you want for it as it sits?

The sooner an offer is made the bigger the chance it will go for less then asking price. I would also be willing to tow this just about anywhere as long as a deal could be worked out for fuel cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back