Front camera scratched. Is this the collision avoidance camera?

Also, it took me a year to realize that the center control knob changes views too. And I did this to make it easy to find the camera button.
PXL_20211006_022510576.jpg
PXL_20211006_022720912.jpg

hal2, before you get the nose badge camera replaced, why not give windshield repair kit a try? These are clear resins that cure under UV light. It might fill in the cracks and scratches to be serviceable enough. If you mess it up, then you can get it replaced anyway.

Yes, I thought of resin repair but thought that if I decide to keep it as is it will be even worse - I'd only be able to use the resin and hope it doesn't just goop up and make it worse. Obviously none steps used in the repair video could be used on a free standing button camera. Also, it's not a crack, but an actual chip indent. If the resin dries completely clear I could see filling it in, but physics says that a difference in medium causes refraction.

But yes, if I decide to have it replaced then I am in no worse a situation

Last edited:
I'm wondering if something like this might fit on the nose badge camera as a protective shield. I don't mind a little refraction/distortion on the front since the front is where I least need clear imagery.

Back