Front Air dam (3.5 only)

SoniCraze

:
2003.5 MSP
Anyone had any luck getting the dealership to repaint this? The color is waaaay off on my yellow msp. It looks really bad in low light.

I will take it to the dealership next time i stop there, but is this something they would really do?

thx.

The airdam was painted in the us i believe. The yellow on the msp can not be color matched. Mazda is aware of this and has repainted a few cars.

the front air dam on the 3.5 msp's. Its a deeper yellow than the front bumper.

I never noticed it with my last yellow msp because soon after i got it, a linc backed into it causing some scratches and fitment problems. It was repaired and repainted to match the body color.

can we see a pic of the color difference? a kid i know has a yellow one and i never noticed this.

The orange is the same way.
My spoiler, trunk lid, rear bumper and rear skirt are all different shades.
I think the body kits were all painted on this side of the Pacific while the cars were painted in japan.

MS MSP said:
I think the body kits were all painted on this side of the Pacific while the cars were painted in japan.
Nop... pictures in port showed MSP with all the ground kit parts installed !!!

MS MSP said:
Nop... pictures in port showed MSP with all the ground kit parts installed !!!
But maybe youre right for the spoiler !!!

i notice that on the titanium too all the pieces
in plastic or other material than the metal
won't color match the body in the titane
the door handle looks a bit blue tint depend
on the axe we see the car

The difference could come down to the primer colour used as well. I don't know what coulour the plastic bits are before paint vs the black primer used on the metal parts.

Back