Forum Gripes, Groans, Complaints, Suggestions

Blendercloud

Contributor
:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6 Sport
Hey Folks,

I just wanted to get some feedback from you all about the forum. Is it helpful? What would you like to see change? What does the forum do well?

You can be candid in this thread. Unless you're being completely belligerent, you don't need to worry about what you say. As always, if there is something you don't want to put out there feel free to PM me.

Thanks!
Chris

My mother always told me, if you don't have anything nice to say, say that Mazda went after the toyota camry and accord with the new 6 and got exactly what it wanted. :)

Are people even buying the new 6? Is this forum even active?

People are buying them. It just seems that most people who would be really active on forums like this aren't necessarily the same crowd (for the most part) that would buy the new 6.

My mother always told me, if you don't have anything nice to say, say that Mazda went after the toyota camry and accord with the new 6 and got exactly what it wanted. :)

The new 6 and the new Camry are brothers from another mother (as far as appearance goes).

I'd love to see a new MS6 for this current model.
:p

I'm afraid that they've probably all but abandoned that idea in favor of the MS3. A new MS6 isn't very marketable. Unfortunately, with my moderator super-powers I can't bring one to you either. :(

People are buying them. It just seems that most people who would be really active on forums like this aren't necessarily the same crowd (for the most part) that would buy the new 6.

The new 6 and the new Camry are brothers from another mother (as far as appearance goes).

I'm afraid that they've probably all but abandoned that idea in favor of the MS3. A new MS6 isn't very marketable. Unfortunately, with my moderator super-powers I can't bring one to you either. :(

Baaaaaahum!

(boobs)

Nice move, Chris...Great to see Moderators being proactive about improving the quality of their forums...A pursuit that should be never-ending! (2thumbs)

Keep up the good work...I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as well...We're always open to constructive feedback & suggestions! :D

I would like to see maybe a "Buyer/Seller Feedback Section." Thread titles would be the username such as "ZoomZoom06" and the content within could be like "Great seller, fair price, fast shipping, and item was well packaged" or "poor seller, didn't ship my item for 2 weeks etc." I think it would be a good thing so that people could pick up on the trends of various buyers/sellers. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I just realized that it was located in the 2nd Gen Mazda 6 part of the forum, but your question seems to refer the forum as a whole.

Last edited:
I would like to see maybe a "Buyer/Seller Feedback Section." Thread titles would be the username such as "ZoomZoom06" and the content within could be like "Great seller, fair price, fast shipping, and item was well packaged" or "poor seller, didn't ship my item for 2 weeks etc." I think it would be a good thing so that people could pick up on the trends of various buyers/sellers. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I just realized that it was located in the 2nd Gen Mazda 6 part of the forum, but your question seems to refer the forum as a whole.

Either way, no matter where it goes I 100% agree with you. I know that they are currently working on a redesign of the forum. There are talks of having this type of feedback system. Unfortunately, the most-widely used program for this (iTrader) is no more. Enry, site admin, is currently working on the best way to do this.

Sub-categories, such as:

- Photos and video
- Appearance
- Rims, Tires, Brakes and Suspension
- Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain
- How-to

It's cleaner and makes it easier when trying to find something. As for the comment about the kind of people buying this car, I just turned 30. I've always been crazy about compact/nicely modified cars. Still love them. Just grew up a little and had kids...Had a Proteg5 and a Mazda5. I'd give anything to start seing some aftermarket stuff for our year/model.

Either way, no matter where it goes I 100% agree with you. I know that they are currently working on a redesign of the forum. There are talks of having this type of feedback system. Unfortunately, the most-widely used program for this (iTrader) is no more. Enry, site admin, is currently working on the best way to do this.

yeah, this has been under discussion for quite a while in the moderator world. the main issue is coming up with a way to verify that someone actually bought something, and not just a friend or "bot" boosting someones rep.

Sub-categories, such as:

- Photos and video
- Appearance
- How-to

It's cleaner and makes it easier when trying to find something. As for the comment about the kind of people buying this car, I just turned 30. I've always been crazy about compact/nicely modified cars. Still love them. Just grew up a little and had kids...Had a Proteg5 and a Mazda5. I'd give anything to start seing some aftermarket stuff for our year/model.

I agree. we'll bring it up to the admins about expanding this section out a little. most of the other forums are set up that way, this one just wasn't.

yeah, this has been under discussion for quite a while in the moderator world. the main issue is coming up with a way to verify that someone actually bought something, and not just a friend or "bot" boosting someones rep.

I agree. we'll bring it up to the admins about expanding this section out a little. most of the other forums are set up that way, this one just wasn't.

agree as well, make it so captain

Sub-categories, such as:

- Photos and video
- Appearance
- How-to

Done.

As always, anyone who has an idea to make this forum better, don't hesitate to send a PM to the section mods. Most recently, a member thought we should add the Photo/Video section to the 1st gen 6 area, he PMed me, and the idea was pushed forward.

Progress in action. Thanks Kooldino. I've gone through and cleaned up a bit. It isn't quite finished yet.

Kooldino, will you please make another subforum for stereo and electrical threads?

too many subforums in the Mazda 6 area...

there's not enough traffic as it is, let alone enough to divide it up into 6 or so smaller sections. Each area has only a couple posts....

too many subforums in the Mazda 6 area...

there's not enough traffic as it is, let alone enough to divide it up into 6 or so smaller sections. Each area has only a couple posts....

There may not be a lot of posts in each section, but it gives people a good place to start for a specific question/issue.

the other sections, sure.. but when there are only 2 pages of threads to look at about mazda 6's, it's not that hard to find stuff ;)

Back